All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stuck :O(
      #8689 - 05/09/03 04:01 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hello everyone - im new to the site so thought i would introduce myself - im 25 and couple of years ago managed to get from a size 18 to a size 10/12 fantastic i thought then i was told i had ibs - everything i used to eat to keep my weight off triggers my ibs - please please can anyone tell me some basic foods that i can eat as my doc doesnt really be able to tell me and i dont know where else to go !! thankyou
xxx
jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stuck :O( new
      #8691 - 05/09/03 04:25 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Jen, welcome to the board! We're not that far away, my husband works in Warwick.
I can definatly recommend browsing the site and/or getting Heather's book 'The First Year' as it talks you through ibs and the best things to eat. Basically 'safe' foods are ones with lots of soluble fibre in them - oats, pasta, bread, carrats, other root veg, rice, potatoes, but not whole wheat things, 'white'varieties of things are best. A soluble fibre supplement also works well, I take Fybogel which contains psyllium husk although this can bloat some people.
There are lots of other things that can help, I'm only on my lunchbreak so haven't really got time to put much more but I'm sure others will help. (I can't do that thing to link you directly to the right bits either, perhaps one of the moderators will do it!!)

Take care and keep posting!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#8693 - 05/09/03 06:02 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Welcome to the wonderful world of IBS!! If you are able to definitely pick up Heather's book. It is full of what you can eat, and things you should avoid that might be triggering your IBS. As well as things that may help with the pain, and medication recommendations. Also browse the eating for IBS website to get some ideas until you are able to pick the book up.

Best of Luck
Stacey

#8696 - 05/09/03 06:21 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome to the board! Here are a few parts of this website to give you some dietary guidelines: web page web page web page
Don't despair - it is possible to maintain your weight on this diet! It is low fat and based on a healthy balance of nutritious foods.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3804 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review