All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I LOVE peanut butter
      #86859 - 07/06/04 12:36 PM
teethcleaner

Reged: 07/04/04
Loc: California

I have always loved peanut butter and i've been trying to eat it only in moderation (usually I glob it on a sandwich, basically I add bread to my peanutbutter) but today when I ate it my tummy was still rumbling afterwards I even ate it on a plain bagel..does anyone else still eat peanut butter? I'm sure gonna miss it if I can't!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I LOVE peanut butter new
      #86863 - 07/06/04 12:39 PM
bigblue

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: New Jersey...USA

I do but only after laying down a layer of soluble fiber cereal,etc. Then I`ll have in small quantity w/sourdough bread.

#86869 - 07/06/04 12:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't eat it at all anymore... but what I can eat is soy butter. It doesn't taste quite the same, and I admit it, but it's better than living totally without!

#86905 - 07/06/04 01:33 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try the light kind. It's got less fat and more sugar - but that's ok for IBS. Spread it thinly - there's lots of flavour in a little bit of PB. Enjoy. Don't give it up. It's a great source of protein. Jsut serve with care and keep the amounts small.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#86913 - 07/06/04 02:07 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Now that I'm stable I can eat a small amount of peanut butter in a sandwich. Like maybe 1 TBSP for two slices of bread. Plus a little wild blueberry jam of course!!

PBJ's are one of my staples. But when I'm having trouble I stick with plain bread!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#86921 - 07/06/04 02:24 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I wouldn't exist without my peanut butter and jelly on toast.. I eat easily at least 2 per day..

#86926 - 07/06/04 02:30 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

I can't eat "name" brands but I can eat all-natural. The ingredients list is peanuts and salt, no extra fats or oil put in. The soluble fiber bread is the key now - I used to eat it by the spoonful!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#86943 - 07/06/04 02:48 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I love peanut butter, too. In fact, it is one of the safe foods for me. I use Peter Pan creamy....can't have a brand that has molasses (that bothers me) and I toast a waffle and spray a little butter on it and spread a little peanut butter on it. The peanut butter melts and mmmmmm it is good.

Barbie

--------------------

#86989 - 07/06/04 04:01 PM
Hypnogal

Reged: 03/17/03

Peanuts contain BOTH soluable and insoluable fiber (they aren't all insoluable - thats why they cause people to have gas!)...I can do peanutBUTTER - just not the peaNUTS(yet).
And I find a little goes a long way. Try a SMEAR instead of a SPOONFULL you'll see! It is SO good for you too, protein, magnesium, zinc, protein, fiber and even calcium!!! Enjoy. Question. Why would SOY be any better? More soluable fiber? I avoid soy - I avoid "estrogen-like" food properties/my mother had breast cancer.

#87016 - 07/06/04 04:22 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Some people just can't tolerate peanuts. Also I think the soy may be lower in fat. But certainly with your risk factor there's no need for you to eat soy. There's plenty of other alternatives. I don't really eat soy either and I've managed to stay stable for almost 6 months!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review