All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonix
      #84504 - 06/29/04 02:36 PM
valentine

Reged: 06/10/04

I was just surfing the web (as you do) and seeing what else there was to read on constipation when I stumbled upon a web page selling Colonix. Apparently it is a complete detox for your colon - everything comes out (that has been in there for years!!)

I think it is a drink that you take for 3 months. According to the testimonials these people started feeling better on day 2 or 3 and had so much more energy.....

My husband thinks it is a con.

Has anyone tried this one or something similar?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colonix new
      #84506 - 06/29/04 02:40 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I have also read about this and asked my GI. She said that it isn't good for my stomach to be empty. That could bring on a bad attack. Keeping your tummy filled with soluable fiber is the best thing you can do. Don't waste your money on it! Besides, I have read folks talking about it on this site and saying the same thing.

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Colonix new
      #84656 - 06/29/04 07:33 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

If you have had a colonocopy or other tests your colon has already been cleaned out. Also, if you have soluble fiber in your colon it picks up stuff as it goes so you don't need a cleansing. I know a lot of people have high-colonics done and claim it has tons of health benefits. I never had one by choice but I've been in the hospital for it because the C has been so bad I was impacted all the way. This was before I knew about soluble fiber. Love that white rice and sour dough bread! If I would only stick with the IBS safe diet I wouldn't have nearly as many problems as I do!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1951 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 626

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review