All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
EXTREME STRESS....need to vent if you don't mind.
      #8341 - 05/06/03 09:10 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Hello all...

as some of you know...my husband and I are in the process of having a shop building constructed on our property. We went through all the county zoning meetings, etc. got approved and with one condition that the building should not exceed the top of our house. Everyone from the neighbor across the street, to the contractor to the subcontractors knew this. Now that we are more than half way done with the construction...the neighbor across the street called the county inspector and complained the building is too high. So the inspector measured it and sure enough it is 13 inches too high. The neighbor claims the height difference is blocking his view of the mountain. To make a long story short...the inspector is willing to forgive the height mistake if the neighbor who complained signs a letter stating he forgives the height difference. The neighbor keeps giving us the run-around and is looking for some monetary compensation from whoever is at fault. So needless to say my system is a wreck. And I think my husband is a bit upset with me (although he won't admit it) because I slightly lost my cool with the neighbor last night....not bad, but I could have handled it better....but I am extremely mad about the situation.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: EXTREME STRESS....need to vent if you don't mind. new
      #8342 - 05/06/03 09:27 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Wow that makes me mad! Unless the mountain is only 13 inches high, what difference does that make?

My thoughts are with you. We built a basement under our house last spring and had a terrible time with the inspectors. It was so stressful. (Not to mention living in a house suspended over a huge hole!)

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#8343 - 05/06/03 09:41 AM
Nugget

Thank you for your support...I'm soooo stressed right now and my husband stay so calm but I know he is stressed inside. I hate it when I loose my cool....and like I said I didn't loose it real bad...just wasn't as calm as I should have been but like I told my husband, under the circumstances of them giving us the run-around I don't think I did that bad.

#8344 - 05/06/03 09:44 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Ohmigosh! Sometimes people can be so incredibly inconsiderate and the whole thing seems to be unnecessary! What the heck!

If it helps - take comfort in the fact that it won't be you paying as you and your husband are NOT technically building it!

I hope things will go better for you! Take care of yourself. And I am sure your husband will cool off too, he knows how you are so I am sure he wasn't surprised when you had a discussion with the neighbours. I know my husband wouldn't be surprised when it comes to me!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#8349 - 05/06/03 10:16 AM
Nugget

thank you...I just feel sick about the whole situation. I hope the neighbor gives us an answer tonight.

#8353 - 05/06/03 11:13 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

No sense worrying about what is already done. Consider the source. Your neighbour sounds like a class A JERK. Unfortunately, he happens to live near you. Bite your lip as best as you can and get the stupid situation resolved. People like that drive me crazy. Don't blame yourself for your feelings. Just consider the next steps that are necessary and go from there. Go easy on your stomach. This jerk is not worth comprimising your health. Don't give him the satisfaction. Drink lots of your favourite herbal tea and hope that this mess will be over soon.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#8355 - 05/06/03 11:49 AM
Nugget

Thank you...I'm trying to stay as calm as I can...but it's hard to deal with such an @$$#$. It's so frustrating because all through this process we were up front with everyone and tried our best to put the building at a location on our property that would be the least view blocking for anyone...and this is the thanks we get.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review