All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS attack or just sick
      #83202 - 06/25/04 12:53 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I was wondering if anyone ever can tell the difference from an IBS attack or just plain being sick. I ask this because the past 2 days I have had D and this is something I RARELY get. I NEVER have had it and went more than once with it either (more than one trip to the bathroom with it) like I have the past 2 days. My husband (who doesnt have IBS) hasnt felt that great the past couple of days either and some of his brothers were sick with it last week. Anyways there is prolly no way to tell the difference but Im just scared this is the start of a whole new IBS problem! I havent changed anything in my diet at all - the only thing thats different at all is that I havent eaten any angel food cake and its usually something I eat everyday and a lot of it too. But I know this cant be it. Has anyone had any similar experience?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS attack or just sick new
      #83228 - 06/25/04 01:33 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Had the EXACT same experience right around Christmas. I thought it was an IBS-D attack and it turned out to be a stomach bug that everyone had. My husband who doesn't have IBS and is NEVER sick got it plus my sister in law and niece whom we'd spent Christmas with, plus someone at the gym and HER sister in law.

I'm sure it's just something going around. Doesn't make it any better, but at least it's a comfort to know it's not a new phase of IBS! Don't worry!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#83249 - 06/25/04 02:45 PM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

Funny you should ask. I was going to ask the same question, but I do have D. However, things seemed to be getting better, but for two days I was in the bathroom with horrible cramps and D. Maybe something is going around. I can never tell with me b/c the symptoms are the same. I just couldn't figure out what I was doing to cause it.

#83257 - 06/25/04 03:12 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

It sounds like a stomach flu since your husband and others in the family had similar symptoms. I don't think you have developed any new IBS symptoms. Hope not, anyway.

Feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2997 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review