Loc: South Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: STRESS .......NEED TO VENT!!!!!! new
      #83479 - 06/26/04 10:40 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Gretchen,

I feel your pain. I have three kids, 24(daughter), 18(son), 15(daughter). The teen years are definitely difficult ones. I always say if they weren't so hard our kids would live at home forever. All teens think they know it all and their parents know nothing.

My son just graduated from high school and honestly it was the longest four years of my life. My husband and I didn't think he would actually graduate. He is a smart kid but he didn't like school and it was difficult for him.

Just hang in there, stick to what you believe is right and your values and keep your sense of humor.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

Re: Daisy new
      #83482 - 06/26/04 10:47 AM
Janey

I can totally relate. My son just graduated a few weeks ago barely. When he received his diploma my husband shouted out hallelujah. We didn't think it would ever happen, longest four years of our lives. Somehow we do make it through.

Janey

--------------------
Janey

Re:Janey new
      #83592 - 06/26/04 05:24 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Janey,
I tell my husband that I pray that God save our son from himself:). He knows everything there is to know about everything & he is so prickly. He is a pretty good kid, but sometimes:) I just want to thunk him:). I must say that he has taught me about the teenage male. Ya just gotta hope & pray everything you have taught them has stuck:). He officially moves out tomorrow & I am not for sure how I am going to do. I have not let myself really think about it much. He will just be moving an hour away, but this is the beginning. I think I will be ok. I am looking forward to time with my husband:). I know at first our son will be coming home, but as soon as he settles in he won't be coming home as much. I know we will all be fine. Congratulations on your sons graduation. What are his plans now?

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Re:Daisy new
      #83659 - 06/27/04 04:29 AM
Janey

What I have discovered from having a teen boy is that there are some traits that they are just born with. I always say that my son has a good heart but he sure can be difficult to live with. I also tell my husband that I feel sorry for his future wife. Hopefully he will mature a little bit before he gets to that point.

Right now he is working as a cashier and will hang around at home for awhile and then he is thinking of possibly joining the military.

We have to put things in Gods hands and hope that everything we have taught our children will help them make good decisions in life.

I have gone through two children graduating and there is an adjustment period right after. They think they are 18 and are finished with high school so they are free and can do whatever they want. Sorry, not in my house. When you live at home you still have rules to follow.

When my daughter left I have a very difficult time adjusting for about 2 weeks and then I was fine. I still miss her but I don't miss the stress and worries that come with the day to day dealings of having a teen around. You will find that it is nice to be with just your husband. I am looking forward to that day. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, LOL!

Janey

--------------------
Janey

Re: STRESS .......NEED TO VENT!!!!!! new
      #83672 - 06/27/04 05:40 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Brock is very smart too and in honors classes, but we still have to push a little so he will do his homework...he thinks all his time at home should be devoted to the phone talking to her, unless its something he wants to do like working on his car.....argh....grrrrrrr

--------------------
Gretchen

God Bless you Janey -nt- new
      #83732 - 06/27/04 12:19 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review