All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
great had to run to the bathroom this morning
      #82307 - 06/23/04 10:02 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

Ok, Well here I've been bragging about doing so well on Heather's diet and BAM... (if this isn't too gross) Had a few choc. brownies my son (home from college) made. Had a good BM this morning and then while making more peppermint tea this morning, ut ho...run to the bathroom. Well so much for my feeling confident and in control of my body.. It's kinda depressing for sure.. Ibs never let's you forget that you have it.. Bummer.. I got to try out the Equalactin I've been asking about .. I chewed up one tablet , drank some water, took a shower then started over to make my oatmeal. I feel ok, but disappointed in my stomach once again.. Help!!

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm sorry! new
      #82316 - 06/23/04 10:10 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

I hope you feel better! Yeah, IBS does always remind you that it's there. Sometimes I go into denial and think "oh, i'm just being picky, I can eat like everyone else," and BAM, I end up spending quality time with the bathroom. I mean, it is frustrating b/c you wish you could just wave a magic wand or take a pill that made it go away, or you wish it will just disappear; however, the positive part about the attacks is that it makes you more careful for a while and shows you that you aren't just being a picky eater, that there actually is an issue with the way your intestines function. Attacks always make me read labels more carefully and watch out because I don't want more pain. Anyhow, you already know this I'm sure, but I"m just letting you know that I"m sorry you had an attack and that I feel the way you feel sometimes, too. It's upsetting but attacks at least serve a purpose (to remind you that you aren't just being picky). Now...the next time I have an attack I wonder if I'll remember this. Feel better!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

IBS is a tricky monster. sorry you got sick! -nt- new
      #82326 - 06/23/04 10:26 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Don't be discouraged. It happens to all of us! Feel better soon. -nt- new
      #82335 - 06/23/04 10:39 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Re: I'm sorry! THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!! new
      #82345 - 06/23/04 10:50 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Re: great had to run to the bathroom this morning new
      #83282 - 06/25/04 04:49 PM
Cathie

Reged: 06/21/04

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well... tomorrow will be a better day. I know though, I hate when that happens... you think your doing and well and then you are let down.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 730

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review