Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Benefiber & Librax
      #81700 - 06/21/04 06:15 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi Guys
I went to the GI doctor today and they gave me Librax after 10 years of being on Levsin and it not helping. I also bought Benefiber but when I got home I realized it was sugar free! Is it suppossed to be sugar free or are there two different kinds? It doesn't say anything about having an artificial sweetner. Also do you have to take the Librax for a few days to notice any improvement? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Benefiber & Librax new
      #81715 - 06/21/04 07:13 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

I'm not sure about the benefiber, but it took me a week for the librax to kick in. I think it helps me a lot. Good luck and keep us posted!!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Re: Benefiber & Librax Hi Brrtfly08 new
      #81730 - 06/21/04 08:17 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi brrtfly08
Where in Queens do you live? I hope the Librax helps me how many times a day do you take it?

#81733 - 06/21/04 08:30 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm pretty sure it's sugar free because it's flavorless. It's just guar gum. Unless you see sorbitol or aspartame or something on the label, I think you're okay.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#81748 - 06/21/04 09:39 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I've been on the Librax for five weeks now. I take it half an hour before breakfast and before dinner. I think it is helping with the intensity of the pain. I don't think it has helped a whole lot with gas after dinner. It's hard to know when it kicked in because there are so many factors that play into it.

Good Luck,
Leigh

#81814 - 06/22/04 06:39 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I have been taking Librax for several years and it has helped me. I think it started helping me within a day or two of taking it. It is supposed to be fast acting. I started with 3 times a day 30 min before each meal. Now I am only taking 2 a day. Be sure the benefiber doesn't contain sorbitol...and start introducing it into your system very slowly.

Why did the doc take you off Levsin. I have never taken that med but was it not helping you anymore?

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Benefiber & Librax Hi Brrtfly08 new
      #81815 - 06/22/04 06:46 AM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

I actually only take the librax once a day. Its supposed to be 3 times a day, but the doctor was worried because I'm pettite, so he was worried it would be too strong. I started off with 2 a day for 2 weeks and now its one. It helps for the most part. I live in Howard Beach. Where in LI do you live??

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

#83255 - 06/25/04 03:08 PM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

I have been on and off (on right now) Librax for many years. It is the only thing that I have found to help my IBS-D. I have taken Levbid (which is in the same family as what you were taking). Librax has a slight sedative in it which helps to calm the stress issue, that is why it works better for me. It usually takes a while (a week or so) in the beginning for me to notice a change. Be careful what you eat. The doctor always told me that it wasn't a miracle drug. I couldn't just take the med. and eat whatever I wanted. Good luck with it. I hope it works for you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1732 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review