Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: DanaNoel new
      #142183 - 01/24/05 07:02 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Great question. Actually, my doctor said that the pregnancy was the catalyst that caused all of this to happen, but the disease was lying dormant in my system for quite some time. He went through my medical history and what stuck out the most was the fact that I either never had a period or if I did, it was like twice a year. My female hormones were messed up bad. He said that that was one sign that I have pre poly cystic ovarion syndrome which runs hand in hand with insulin sensitivity. He said that if I didn't go on this diabetic diet, I would probably end up with poly cystic ovarion syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes runs in my family and so do fertility problems. Actually we were quite suprised when I turned up pregnant. Hello!!

Now, he has me on this diabetic diet but has also added essential oils to my diet like flax seed and olive oil 3 times a day. These are essential in proper body functioning. He also had me take out all of the food that would excite my stomach like caffeine, chocolate, artificial sweeteners (except for stevia), and red meats. Basically what heather told you to take out. These are called Tyramine foods and the cause your GI tract to become excitable. All I knowis that since I have been on the diet, i have felt 90% better. i went from being bed-ridden to actually having a life. Now, I am not perfect and I still have my days - like today - but for the most part, it has been a miracle for me. Now this diet is not for everyone who has IBS because I really don't have true IBS. I actually have to stay away from high glycemiccarbs like white bread, pastas, potatoes etc... as it raises my blood sugar and causes my GI symptoms. This is just another possibility for people that may have been misdiagnosed with IBS but really have other issues going on in their body.

May of his patients aren't able to even have kids ,so no, this is not just a pregnancy thing. For me, pregnancy just kick started my issues into high gear. I keep telling my baby she's lucky she's cute or I would have to give her back. I will stop saying that when she can actually understand what I am saying. She's only 1

I know it's confusing, but I hope this info helped.

Dana

--------------------
Dana

Thanks for the info new
      #142195 - 01/24/05 07:43 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I wish I could go see your doctor. If I mentioned this to my doctor, he would just look at me like "here we go again, trying to self diagnose". I think I've gone to him with 3 other possibilites that may be the cause of all this pain and constipation.

How did you find this doctor?

Oh, that reminds me, is Diarrhea the symptom or can Constipation be a sign? Diabetes runs in my family too, brother, cousin, grandma, aunt...

So if you can't eat potatos, rice, bread, pasta, what grains/carbs can you eat? And you don't need to eat these first before fruits/veggies anymore? What do you eat?

Thanks for the info. I don't know how to approach my doc about this one. How where you diagnosed? What tests did you have done to confirm this?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I take Klonopin too new
      #142823 - 01/26/05 07:29 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Augie, HI!

How long have you been taking Klonopin?

Re: LaPorte...Katy...I wonder if any Houstonian lives near me?~nt~ new
      #143327 - 01/27/05 09:37 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Tia, I live in Brazoria County.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review