All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I Really need help and support please...I'll try to be brief...SORRY
      #81366 - 06/20/04 09:37 PM
Winnie

Reged: 06/16/04

Okay, I talked to a few of you this week since I signed up...and have had alot of good advise and warm welcomes...thank you all....Now...tonight I went out for supper with my DH Father's Day and all...When I came home I was 7 pounds heavier....and I really didn't all that much...but what I ate I don't think I should've...Here it goes....Went to the Keg not Red Lobster first mistake...
had Bread thought that was good no butter...then it goes down hill from there...Ceaser Salad...it was good...appeticer lobster claws with garlicbutter and cheese but I shared that..Chicken with Seafood topping and hollandise and RICE pilif...oh yea...dessert 1/2 lemon cheesecake deep fried with cinnamon and ice cream and tea....NOW I pay no D yet but tomorrow won't be fun I tell you that...so now I really really want to get on the program...so where do I start...I like a routine for Breakfast I have the same thing Special K banana and milk and a cup of tea does that sound safe...

I also joined WW they'd croak if they saw my dinner...I usually don't eat like that it's usually rice and chicken boring and I still get D so thought I miz well go out with a bang...

Also I hear some of you are trying to loose weight by October I need to loose 25 pounds by then for a wedding on the 2nd...how can I accomplish this ...I know stay away from the KEG...lol I got that one...But on a serious side...
What WW tells me to eat and the site here says are so far apart what do I do I really need to drop the weight my meds put on me...I said I'd try to be brief sorry I'll close now...HELP

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I Really need help and support please...I'll try to be brief...SORRY new
      #81374 - 06/20/04 09:53 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not going to be much help, but I'm going to reply anyway.

I'm assuming you've read the diet guidelines already, but I'm going to direct you to How to Eat anyway. You'll want to avoid dairy and caffeine, among other things, so your proposed breakfast has a few problems... but don't worry, it's an easy fix! Substitute rice milk or soy milk for the milk, and herbal tea for the regular, and you'll be good to go.

I can't help too much with the weight loss, except to say that 25lbs by October is a reasonable and attainable goal. Good luck with it! (I will also say that I've lost quite a bit of weight in the past, just following a diet very similar to the IBS diet! Everyone's different, so you might not notice the same thing happening... but then again, you might.)

OK Winnie, new
      #81378 - 06/20/04 10:01 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Winnie, we all have days like this. I have had my fair share, its ok. You can start over tomorrow, make sure its decaf tea, since you had such a bang up party today, I would stay on SF for at least a few days to try and get things leveled out. First we have to get you feeling better and eating right, before we can worry about the weight loss thing. Don't despair, it will come off, it is just going to take a little more time. I feel for ya, but its never too late, and don't you ever give up. We are here for you!! Hope you aren't feeling bad tomorrow!!!

Hey Winnie! new
      #81379 - 06/20/04 10:05 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hey, I'm sorry that your Father's Day wasn't too good!

As for your meal, did you eat the bread first? That's always the safest bet when you're out for dinner. All of the other stuff sounds kinda bad...that cheesecake, boy, I would have been put out the minute I got in the car! But it was your special day, and at least you recognize the things that you shouldn't have eaten.

I know that quite a few people on the boards have tried WW, so maybe you could talk to them about their experience.

Now, LauraSue (I believe) had bought a box of Special K for her relatives and ate it for a week, and noticed that her symptoms were greatly increasing, then she looked on the ingredients and found that it contains a lot of wheat products and gluten and such things. But Rice Chex are safe if you like those. And if you use soy milk then your breakfast should be set!

I hope this helps a little, I'm not into WW so I don't know how big of a help I am So I hope maybe others can give more advice, and I hope this helped at least a little bit! Happy Father's Day!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: OK Winnie, new
      #81436 - 06/21/04 08:18 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Welcome Winnie - and don't beat yourself up over cheating on "the diet." If you've read recent posts you'll notice that lots of us have done it from time to time...

Anyway, about the weight loss thing - head over the Las Vegas Fall Sprawl Board. A few people are trying to lose weight - everyone a different goal - some for the fall trip to Las Vegas, and others just because (you don't have to be going to Vegas!). They do a daily report and support each other amazingly so I'm sure they wouldn't mind having you join in...actually I KNOW they wouldn't mind! So check it out!!!!!

Re: OK Winnie, new
      #81707 - 06/21/04 06:59 PM
susan127

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Vermont

Welcome Winnie,
I'm relatively new to this, too. I am also a D. I suggest staying away from milk products. Take your SFS (i'm still on Benefiber - slowly increasing) with peppermint and Fennel Tea and lots of water - it's really helped my D and my gurgly stomach. My favorite breakfast has become organic brown rice cakes topped with applesauce. My husband thinks I'm out of my mind, but I use that as a snack a lot also and just give him a loving smile. I buy organic berry applesauce and it's really good.

As for the weight, I suggest getting out there and walking as far and as fast as you can, every day. Lift weights, too. Muscle burns calories more than fat. I had a problem before because exercise would make me want to run for the bathroom, but I do only 1 Immodium a bit before if I'm feeling like it's not a stable day, and then I'm good to go. If it's a really bad day, then I would take 2. I'm now at a point where I haven't done Immodium at all for a week. It's great.

At first, my lunch was boiled white rice and baked sweet potatoes. Now I'm doing turkey, tuna, crab meat salad, berry smoothies, boiled potatoes, cooked cold asparagus, avocados.
Dinner is chicken, fish, cooked vegies, bread, even a very lean grilled steak once in awhile. Hang in there. It's not that bad, once you get into it. And once you get stabilized, cheating a little doesn't hurt so bad.
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 900

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review