All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ginger Altoids on Ebay!?
      #8117 - 05/01/03 08:36 PM
LilyLewis

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: D.C. area

Can you believe they want us to buy their product on EBAY!? The ginger altoids are in such low production that they suggestion going there - I got the same response as BarbBT when I asked. I am very surprised. I don't want to bid against a fellow ibs-er who **needs** their ginger altoids

Meanwhile - what a hoot of website!! To brighten your day, folks should go a take a peek: http://www.altoids.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ginger Altoids on Ebay!? new
      #8126 - 05/02/03 04:06 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I know, I can't believe it either. How ridiculous is that! I did check out their website before...it is neat! Maybe I'll email them also. Maybe if we bombard them with requests, they'll make more. Us gingeraholics can get nasty if we need to!

#8127 - 05/02/03 05:13 AM
danie

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: NYC

I would think this is not indicated for anyone with IBS. The only mint you should be taking is a supplement ENTERIC COATED OIL OF PEPPERMINT (has to be enteric coated) 50 mgs.
1 softgel after meals with a glass of water. Enteric coating is so that the peppermint breaks down in the small intestine where it can provide the greatest benefits. Of course, ginger is very good.
Hope this helps

#8145 - 05/02/03 10:25 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi danie and welcome to the board!

I don't think anyone (at least I wasn't) was using the ginger altoids as a supplement...it's just that ginger is so yummy! Also, ginger does help with nausea, so maybe the altiods would help with this? I know Heather stated in The First Year that altoids can be used before meals as a safety precaution, because they can have a soothing effect on the gut.

I myself have been taking pepogest every morning when I wake up, because I used to have burning/nausea feeling in the morning. But, between that and the hypno tapes, I don't know what made it stop, but as long as my tummy feels better, I don't care which it was--it's working!

One question though: the pepogest says to take 30 min - 1 hr before meals. How come you take yours after meals?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 570

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review