All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: SO frustrated.... new
      #80935 - 06/18/04 06:59 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Oh ibsgrl - so sorry you're not feeling well! Just wanted to let you know that I know how you feel and I hope you feel better soon!!!

I think Bev mentioned blueberries to you as she mentioned them to me. I've found that if I don't have my smoothie in the morning with a banana and either blueberries or strawberries and then a bowl of oatmeal or oat bran, I don't "go" that day.

I know what you mean about thinking about your tummy all the time - I'm always counting the days, sometimes the hours since the last time I went to the bathroom.

Know though that it does get better and there is a light at the end of the tunnel - and it's NOT a train coming at you!

Feel better soon!
Ana

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!! new
      #80947 - 06/18/04 08:07 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hi everyone
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I just got home from a long night of work on my feet and I am exhausted and feeling pretty iffy, BUT reading all your messages mean SO SO MUCH to me! You are all very special and kind people. To know that I have support, people who've been in my shoes to give me advice, and others who can completely understand how I feel as they are experiencing what I am at the moment, means the world. I am so glad I found these boards and people who are so compassionate. Tomorrow I will be sure to reread all your kind words and respond properly and carefully look at all the great advice and suggestions you've given me.

Thanks for letting me vent today (and a few more times in the future most likely! ) and caring about me, I can't thank you all enough.

Sweet dreams!!!

p.s - LittleOne I added you!

#80949 - 06/18/04 08:16 PM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Sorry for the very rough time you are going through right now. Please know that you are not alone. I to am a C with occasional D and I went through a time like this a few weeks ago.

After releasing my frustration and crying on my family & friends shoulders (I am sure they are all as tired of it as I am) I searched the board and found a post by Barbie to a C sufferer. She suggested adding more insoluble fiber to the diet. I did that, made it a point to exercise more and drank more herbal tea (peppermint & chamomille). While the C slowly got better, increasing the insoluble fiber gave me some pains & bloating. With some experimentation & time to let my body adjust, I began to feel better. A food diary helps also (I have a small list of insoluble fiber foods that I absolutely will not touch).

You're right, it is very tiring to thing about your diet & health as much as you have to now, but with perserverance and support (and there is loads of that here!) you will find a combination that works for you.

Here is another recipe I thought you might like, it contains both soluble and insoluble fiber and I actually think it helped me with the C.

Orange-Blueberry Loaf

1 cup Blueberries
2 tbsp & 1-3/4 c flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar (I omit the sugar)
3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp canola oil
1 egg white or 1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/2 Cup orange juice
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 & coat 8-12" x 4-1/2" loaf pan with cooking spray

-In a small bowl mix blueberries and 2 tbsp of flour
-In a medium bowl mix remaining 1-3/4 cups flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
-Place sugar, applesauce, oil in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed beat 2-3 minutes, add egg and beat well, beat in orange juice
-Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until well blended (you may also have to add a litte water if batter is too stiff). Stir in Blueberries and pour into prepared breadpan.
-Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 5 minutes and remove from pan

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Kimmy! new
      #80955 - 06/18/04 08:51 PM
ibsgrl

That sounds delish...you're so kind for posting it and thank you so much for your caring words!!! I wonder if Heather would add this recipe, and the other one you have me (Heather's chocolate applesauce bread) to the recipe index?

#80977 - 06/19/04 12:07 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Gosh, I don't know how I missed this post. I have not read the whole thread so I'm not sure of your current feelings. I sure hope you are feeling better and have gotten lots of support here from all the other wonderful people. Sorry I was not here for you sooner when you first vented.

I will check back over the weekend and see how you are doing......

{{HUGS}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Thanks Shell... new
      #81002 - 06/19/04 07:40 AM
ibsgrl

Still the same "situation" if you get what I mean, but you guys are amazing to me. And Shell, you're such a wonderful person, I hope you know that.
I always love reading your what is it posts, your yummy recipes, your great advice, how you're doing with the weight loss and admire the amazing relationship you seem to have w/your hubbie

Thanks again, I'm off to work yet again now () , but I'll check in later.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5895 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9003

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review