All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: beaglelover new
      #80783 - 06/18/04 10:52 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Thanks for letting me vent it all (and listening)!

You know, the thing that got me was that everything I have been eating, drinking and taking (with the exception of the SFS) has been exactly the same, almost to a T, as I had been eating when I wasn't C - which is why its so difficult to pinpoint.

As for the SFS, I started with metamucil...and I know it causes bloating, etc and haven't noticed more than usual, just awful C! I didn't think that was possible!!! ahhhhh, I'm going crazy I think!

Funny you mentioned Special K though...4 months ago I ate that every day for breakfast and it wasnt too great for my system I think. Needless to say I'll also be steering clear of it.

Thanks for all your support and concern

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SO frustrated.... new
      #80784 - 06/18/04 10:56 AM
ibsgrl

Aww Laura Sue, you're such a sweetheart! And yay! I get the pity party hat!

Thanks for the compliments - but I have only learned from the best...seriously! And I am ALWAYS amazed how well you and others cope having Fibro/Thyroid probs ON TOP of IBS! WOW. Thank you for all the support and encouragement, I don't think all of you know how much it means to me!!!

I will be sure to check out your sisters story, THANKS!

Sheri new
      #80785 - 06/18/04 11:09 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Thank you! I did not know that! I tend to think that as long as I don't drink a glass of milk or pour it over my cereal (I use rice milk) that the milk products won't bother me. I guess I was wrong about that. I will have to pay more attention to this from now on.
Where is the list? I need to print it out and memorize it.

Re: SO frustrated.... new
      #80786 - 06/18/04 11:09 AM
michele36

Reged: 06/10/04
Loc: Maryland

Hang in there and don't give up. I read in one of your posts that the SFS (I'm new, and hopefully got that acronym correct) is Metamucil. I've read on the boards -- in multiple places -- that Metamucil is not the best SFS. I take Citrucel (even though it scares me b/c I'm normally a D) and it helps me a lot. It is the only SFS I've ever taken that doesn't cause a lot of gas and bloating. Look on the boards b/c I think that others recommend Heather's Acacia as well.

I know that it's hard to not "obsess" about your tummy always hurting. Believe me, I spend way too much time thinking about it and analyzing what I'm doing wrong. We're all here to help each other. To some degree, I'm sure that we all have the same moments that you do where we want to "hibernate" in our rooms. In fact, I just felt that way last week and it was miserable. But I came through and and have been working hard to get back on track again.

Hang in there. . .things will get better. On the positive side please remember that you CARE enough about yourself and the way you're feeling to make things better. How could anyone fault themselves for being proactive in managing their health?

Take care and feel better. There will be better days ahead!

-- M

--------------------
Be Happy!

Bev new
      #80788 - 06/18/04 11:29 AM
ibsgrl

Hi Bev,
Thank you for your kind words and great suggestions. I like the idea about the blueberry smoothie. And you're right about the meds and sfs's - my body just has to have time to get used to it all!

I will also take your suggestion about talking to my parents (again). Like many of everyone's family members and friends, sometimes they just don't understand things like why I can't or don't want to eat certain things, or do certain things....but it IS my life and I have to live it.

Anyway, thanks so much again - I appreciate what you and everyone else has done for me

Sheri new
      #80789 - 06/18/04 11:32 AM
ibsgrl

Thank you for your encouragement - its nice to know that someone else is also going through this at a young age and understands what it can do to your social life, etc. My birthdays also in October hehe! When's yours?
I agree that this whole thing is very stressful, which is a vicious cycle because the worrying causes stress, which causes the ibs to get worse...lol, its crazy!
I also agree about family - it is good that they are here for me even though they dont always get it. Thanks so much!

Yum! new
      #80793 - 06/18/04 11:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I still haven't tried the ADB's. The bread doesn't come out chocolatey at all, but it's still really good. I ended up making a loaf and 7 muffins, and 3 of the muffins are gone already. Heh. Not bad for a girl who keeps complaining that she can't eat, huh?

I hope I'm right too! LOL! I just remember what it was like the last time I had to eat like this, for the gallstones... it took 4 or 5 months to feel better. And it sucked. But yes, it was worth it. So I continue to pep-talk and hope I'm right a second time!

Feel better!

Re: Sheri new
      #80798 - 06/18/04 11:51 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

23rd - right before Halloween. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but do you celebrate that in Canada? How about you?

--------------------
-Sheri

#80801 - 06/18/04 11:53 AM
ibsgrl

Mine's the 13th! And yes, we do celebrate it in Canada -- well I don't trick or treat mind you! I just eat the candy

#80810 - 06/18/04 12:05 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Here's tarabara's previous post:

Quote:

Hey guys! I was looking online and couldn't tell whether or not a product had dairy in it so I emailed the company and they emailed me back with a list of what to look out for on most products that might indicate something contains dairy.
butter fat
malted milk
butter flavor
milk chocolate
butter solids
milk derivative
buttermilk
milk protein concentrate
butterscotch
milk solids
calcium lactate
modified butter flavor
casein
natural cheese flavor
caseinate
nonfat dry milk
cheese(all varieties)
reduced lactose whey
cream
rennet
cream cheese
skim milk
curds
sodium calcium caseinate
dairy flavor
sodium caseinate
delactosed whey
sour cream
demineralized whey
sour cream solids
dry milk solids
sour milk solids
Half and Half
whey protein
Lactalbumin
whey
Lactose
yogurt
enzyme modified cheese
Hope this helps when you go food shopping! Just wanted to share! Good luck!

I think I did that right, I am kinda new to this message board thing and not quite sure how to use this quote feature just yet.
(Just a note, I have heard other IBSers say that they can tolerate casein, although I stay away from it)

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1738 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review