All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I M SO SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE
      #784 - 02/12/03 07:38 PM
bdiaz6

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Concord,Ca 94518

Hello, My name is Betty and for the past 5 mos. I been having GI problems, the main problem is that anything that I eat turns to gas, the gas gets traped inside most of the time this ends in inflamation of the colon. My doctor haven't run to many tests on my but he diagnosed me as IBS, and sugested me to sing for IBS calss. I have your cooking book tha I recently purchased, and for 3 days I been eating what the book sais but I still have the gas after an hour of eating. Is this normal?, have you heard this before?, its this part of IBS symptoms. I want to know Im getting depress.
Im sorry for my writing I don't write english very well, my first lenguage is Spanish and I haven't had a chance to go to English School.
Thnks
Betty

--------------------
Tomorrow wil be better than today!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I M SO SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE new
      #793 - 02/12/03 08:21 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

hi betty. welcome to the board. don't worry about your english, i understood just fine. mi espanol es malo, entonces no estas triste, ok? somos mismos. :-)

first of all, i think you should talk to your doctor again about running all the necessary tests to make sure you don't have anything else. if he won't do it, go to a different doctor. in Heather's "The First Year: IBS" she has a list of questions you should ask your doctor as well as a list of all the things you should be tested for before being diagnosed with IBS.

as far as the diet, sometimes it takes a while for your body to adjust, and we all still sometimes have a bad day. so don't worry. and we're all here to help, too.

hope this helps a little. bienvenidos!

beth

Re: I M SO SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE new
      #804 - 02/13/03 01:41 AM
UKKath

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Britain

Hi Betty,
Hope you can understand my English i will try not to use any local words!
My advice is GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR, or find a new one! Mine has been very helpful and sent me for loads of tests and if i get upset one week when i see her she askes me to come back the next week to see if i am ok as she understands that no many people know what we are going through.
For someone with IBS, a complaint that is VERY hard to treat, a good doctor is VERY important.
Tell your doctor you are getting depressed this may be a symptom or the cause of the IBS, i have been seeing a psychologist and this has helped me a lot.
Keep in touch?
Kathryn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2577 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review