All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The water thing....
      #78113 - 06/11/04 07:01 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

It's funny...when I was drinking 1/2 gallon plus of water or herbal tea a day, I retained a ton of water (though I went plenty too) and was practically "D". I cut back too much and now I am "C". It's clear that I can over drink and cause myself to be "loose" which is better than "C" in my book...yet when I don't drink enough it swings the other way.

I must find a proper balance...

The back of my horse pill...I mean Equalactin box says that just 10% difference in the water content can tilt the balance between "D" and "C". It's an interesting theory really but how to find the balance? Trial and error I suppose.

For me this makes a ton of sense...for those of who who have a more severe case than I, I am not too sure.

I am an adoptive mom of two kids and I used to wish they came with an "owner's manual" thinking that mom's who gave birth to their children had a manual built into their brain during the 9 months they were pregnant!

Now that I am wishing for a manual for my colon...I see that natural doesn't always equal knowing!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The water thing.... new
      #78115 - 06/11/04 07:05 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

fast question I'm out the door to work.......

Q: did you add sugar to your tea?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#78122 - 06/11/04 07:25 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

A SFS should stop you (eventually) swinging from C to D. And too much water SHOULDN'T translate to D. It should come out in your pee! I'd talk to your doctor about this.

And take the plunge. Swallow those darn pills!

no sugar.....stevia new
      #78179 - 06/11/04 09:42 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

#78287 - 06/11/04 04:08 PM

Unregistered

It is a trial and error. If you drink to much I was told that you can effect your electrolytes and I know that if you don't have enough water that you can cause your self to get to get a bloackage and become compacted and we all know what that means!! Major laxative and enima's after a 6 hour wait in the emerg room. It also warns on some of the bottles that it can cause you to have the stuff expand back up and chocke you though I think that's in the case of no water at all.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review