All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I bought my first box of equalactin
      #77528 - 06/09/04 10:13 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

In reading the back of the box I was so happy I could have cried! I had no idea why I was having such loose bm's...come to find out I had too much water in my system! I guess 1/2 gallon per day is too much for me. One of my previous posts mentioned that I was retaining a lot of water...it didn't occur to me that my fluid intake was making that much of a difference in my bm's. (Boy...what sexy talk huh?)

My question is...some of you seem to take it when you are eating someting you shouldn't. So are you taking it as a "D" preventative?

Next question...my pharmacist tells me that Equalactin has been on the market for years. Am I the only one with IBS whose gastroenterologist HASN'T told about Equalactin?

Please share with me how and why you take it so I will know what I am doing...thanks so much!

Mercy....Rachel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I bought my first box of equalactin new
      #77542 - 06/09/04 10:25 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Some doctors know so little, I wonder why they have the white coats, not us?!

Sorry, I have no idea how much 1/2 gallon is. I drink about 1.5 litres a day. You do need to drink quite a lot of water when taking SFSs as they absorb it in your gut. Hope fully the Equalactin should help!

A SFS (hang on, is Equalactin a SFS? Fibro-frogged!) is best taken daily as a preventative and to give your colon stuff to work on all the time. But you can take them both before eating dodgy meals and afterwards to help.

#77564 - 06/09/04 11:11 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

Linz,
I recieved a free box with my Hyp.CD order. But wasn't sure if it was a fiber type product? I can not take any kind of fiber ,I've tried them all ! They totally mess me up big time. So is this a fiber? I am a D most of the time but lately I have been getting really bloated & cramping.
I take Librax 3 times a day. Thanks for the info.

#77675 - 06/09/04 03:11 PM
####

The Equalactin is supposed to help both C and D...pretty cool. Although I haven't tried eating one of those big huge pills yet!

#77682 - 06/09/04 03:33 PM
susan127

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Vermont

Quietwalker,
Why can't you take SFS? I am a D also and have just started takings SFS (very gradually). The only real change I've noticed is more gas and bloating. Is that why you can't take them? What is Librax and is it helping?

#77769 - 06/10/04 03:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

EVERYONE should be able to take A SFS. But some of them have pretty stupid side effects, like bloating, gas and pain . If you've had this problem before, I would really recommend Acacia - it's a lot gentler. Just be extra careful with increasing your dosage and don't get it too high!

Sounds like you might be IBS-A (alternating) which is another raeson to try Acacia - it seems to work best for us Aers.

#77934 - 06/10/04 11:47 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Linz,
I recieved a free box with my Hyp.CD order. But wasn't sure if it was a fiber type product? I can not take any kind of fiber ,I've tried them all ! They totally mess me up big time. So is this a fiber? I am a D most of the time but lately I have been getting really bloated & cramping.
I take Librax 3 times a day. Thanks for the info.

When you tried the different kinds of fiber, did you start at very small amounts? Personally, I can't just take the recommended amounts, I have to take like half of that(or less!) when starting out. Maybe that's what's wrong?

--------------------
IBS-C

This post is for Rachel *DELETED* new
      #78443 - 06/12/04 04:09 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Sjo new
      #78444 - 06/12/04 04:16 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

If you do a board search you will find TONS of helpful info on equalactin and people's experiences with it. I found quite a helpful post by Bevrs that explains Equalactin. Hope it helps!!! web page

for SJO new
      #78450 - 06/12/04 05:25 PM
####

I haven't tried it yet...haven't had ultra "C"or"D" since I bought it. I have to admit to being a little chicken to try it since I am paranoid about my GI tract but from what everyone else says...it's a miracle. I will try it when the need arises for sure!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6347 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4687

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review