All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fennel Tea
      #77234 - 06/08/04 02:38 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

Can anyone tell me what the fennel tea tastes like? I have ordered the acadia and really like it but was just wondering what the fennel tea tasted like before I made a purchase. Does it taste like regular tea? Thanks!

--------------------
~Wookie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel Tea new
      #77237 - 06/08/04 02:45 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
Fennel tea has a licorice-y taste to it. I think a lot of people aren't crazy about the taste, so mix it with peppermint and stuff but I personally really like fennel tea. It's good for bloating and stuff, especially if you aren't drinking peppermint tea for any reason.
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#77238 - 06/08/04 02:47 PM
Wookie

Thanks for your reply! I hate licorice but I have IBS-C with terrible bloating and gas. Are you IBS-C too?

--------------------
~Wookie

#77239 - 06/08/04 02:53 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hey Doe,
I know that Steph (UnhappyTummy) is IBS-D, not C, but I am and its awful - I have bloating ALL the time - I'll definitely be picking up some fennel tea from my health food store soon after all the good things I've heard about it, even though I'm not a huge licorice fan either.

Hope you don't mind me asking if you're on any meds for your IBS - I'm currently taking Zelnorm, well, I was...and it seemed to be working. I've been off it for 2 days now because my pharmacy didnt have any more in stock and I've noticed a big difference (much more C and pain). So, anyway, hope you don't mind me asking ya!

#77294 - 06/08/04 05:14 PM
susan127

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Vermont

I was just going to order some fennel tea (HFS was out today) because I thought the peppermint was making me gassy and bloaty? I've been taking Celestial Seasons Tummy Mint Tea which has peppermint, fennel and chamomille. I am D by the way. No problem in the a.m., but in the P.M. I get real bloat. Any ideas anyone?

Fennel Tea new
      #77419 - 06/09/04 06:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try mixing the Fennel with dried lavender if you don't like licorice. It makes it taste nice and is a relaxant as well! Peppermint shouldn't make anyone bloated...it's usually just a problem if you have GERDs/reflux. Try drinking MORE tea and check what you are eating (and how) during the day.

#77425 - 06/09/04 07:15 AM
Wookie

I don't mind at all! I was taking the zelnorm since december of 2003 until about 2 weeks ago. It helped me get back to going normally. It took a while to get things moving but now I go everyday. It is like it helped train my body to go every morning. I also am on colace (4 a day). I changed jobs and don't have insurance yet and decided to give the acadia a try to save on money. So far I am doing well. As the zelnorm was getting out of my system, I started taking acadia and increasing the doses. I am staying positive and hoping things don't change. My dr. wanted to keep me on zelnorm for 2 years and I may take it again when I get insurance. It helps a lot with the pain and bloating I think. When I eat now, I have minor pain sometimes. With zelnorm, it is like I forgot I had IBS. I hope this helps! Good luck!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Doe new
      #77451 - 06/09/04 08:08 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Yes, thanks Doe that does help! Yes Zelnorm so expensive ($140 Canadian a month for me) but as with you, it seems to have "trained" my body.
But here's where my doc and yours differ - see, because of the studies and warnings blah blah, it says you can't be on it longer than 4 months. Well, obviously thats because there hasn't been solid research to show its completely safe after that, but still...if it helps
Anyway, my doc. wants me to go off it after that time, which kind of sucks...I guess she wants to stick by what you're *supposed* to do, but we'll see...in the meantime I might have to start researching some other options!

Re: Doe new
      #77522 - 06/09/04 09:57 AM
Wookie

I totally hear what you are saying! It is $125 for me here which is too much. But when you are in pain you begin to think maybe it isn't too much..LOL! I have noticed that they do sell zelnorm on the internet and thought about doing that at one point because I found a month supply for $60 instead of $125..this was a few months ago. It took me from Dec. to March to get to normal. My dr. tells me what you said as far as it being new and everyone is trying to follow these rules. She just uses it as she believes and I trust her judgment...because she has helped me thus far. I was concerned about the gall bladder side effects and she said that mostly women have gall bladder problems so they had to put that on the drug. I just know that this medicine was what gave me relief from pain and retrained my system. Just like the commercial says.. it helps your stomach muscles coordinate and work unlike laxatives or fiber! Good luck!

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review