All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Kinda new here
      #76751 - 06/07/04 06:24 AM
Pooh

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Venice, Italy

hi everyone, I am kinda new here. Yesterday I posted in the living room and had a couple responses that it is better to introduce myself on the diet board. So hi everyone, I am really enjoying reading and learning from this site. I hope it will be able to help me. As of yesterday I am trying to start the soluble fiber diet and so far feel pretty good. My main problem is usually bloating.Although I don't have any today. I want to try to find the acacia tomorrow- don't know if I can find that here. When I finish the 3 day "boring " diet of rice and oatmeal what should I intoduce into my diet. Any suggestions???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kinda new here new
      #76758 - 06/07/04 06:53 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there and welcome! I love your name!

You can only get Acacia from Heather atm - click the "Shop For IBS" icon at the top of the page. It's a lot less bloating than some other SFSs.

When you finish the "boring" diet, the best way to start is to stick to recipes in Heather's book and on the recipe index. Enjoy yourself cooking!

#76763 - 06/07/04 07:24 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hey actually Robyn told me yesterday that she found her Acacia at a pharmacy...she called around and finally found one that carried it.
She lives in Victoria, Canada though...so I suppose it might matter whereabouts you live.
Anyway, just thought I would let you know!

Hi Linz new
      #76764 - 06/07/04 07:25 AM
Pooh

Hi, Well it looks like only the people on this side of the "pond" are online... That terminology really made me laugh!!!! RE: diet, I don't have books yet so you think I can try anything on the diet boards?

Hi Pooh new
      #76766 - 06/07/04 07:34 AM
Linz

I think some of Heather's recipes are on the site, but I'm not sure where. Just be careful of stuff that has lots of veggies in it. And make sure you always eat some soluble fibre foods first.

If you're new to baking, Anti-Depressant Brownies are a great way to start and they're totally safe.

Re: Hi Pooh new
      #76770 - 06/07/04 07:37 AM
Pooh

when everyone talks about eating some soluble fiber first does that mean like 30 minutes before or does that just mean swallow that stuff first at the same meal???

#76772 - 06/07/04 07:40 AM
Pooh

Thanks for the info, I will try some herbal shops here since the Europeans are really into that stuff- hope to find it.

Re: Hi Pooh new
      #76774 - 06/07/04 07:41 AM
Linz

We're talking about ANY soluble fibre here. So benefibre, a bread roll, potatoes.... I was talking about foods, not supplements tho.

#76775 - 06/07/04 07:42 AM
Linz

Triple check what else is in supplements - some contain sorbitol and all kinds of crap. Heather's Acacia is good that way - it's organic and contains nothing else. Each 5g Acacia contains 4.5g of pure soluble fibre.

#76787 - 06/07/04 08:07 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Welcome! You're gonna like it here, I can guarantee that. Everyone here is helpful and friendly and you'll find yourself here often.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 826

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review