All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Maybe I spoke too soon...
      #76736 - 06/07/04 05:54 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

I was all set to post on here and say that I've been D-free for almost a month now...until this morning.
But this leads me to a question. Ive been a little cramped for about a week and a half. I'm still going to the bathroom, but I'm getting these cramps anyway. Ive been taking GasX, my fiber(though I think I need to up my dose a bit), and peppermint caps. But it hasnt really made a dent. Is there anything else I can take OTC or do to help these-they dont feel much like gas, just cramps.

Ok, this morning I had a small D attack-not too painful, but I sure had to rush to the bathroom. Now, I have to work today, so I took an Immodium right away. My question is, with the cramps I was having of late, was this wise? Or did I just ask for even more trouble?

Beyond that, though, Ive been pretty good. The BMs arent always great, but the pain is a LOT less. I think the hypnotheraphy CDs are beginning to work.
Just wanted to update you guys...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Maybe I spoke too soon... new
      #76748 - 06/07/04 06:16 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Strong hot Peppermint or/and Chmomile tea. And a heat pad. You can get little stick-on ones (designed for muscle aches) from some pharmacists that are great for using at work.

What dose of SFS are you on?

Are you eating frequently enough?

#76750 - 06/07/04 06:22 AM
JosephC

Im trying to eat a little someting every few hours-even if its just a banana or some apple sauce. And Im finally getting into a pattern of eating less.
Im at about a tablespoon of soluable fiber-1/2 tbs of Benefiber in the morning and about 1 teaspn Acaia twice a day.

Ive got my tea now, but I'll try and get more during the day. Hopefully its only a small D attack-which I can handle-and not an all day, heating pad, rice and broth day.

Murphy's Law new
      #76791 - 06/07/04 08:15 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Murphy's Law SUCKS! i am so superstitious about saying "ooh, i'm feeling well!" well, i'm superstitious anyway, but especially about that kind of thing.

sorry you had a set-back. i have no real suggestions for the cramping except HEAT (heating pad or hotwater bottle) and ginger or fennel. my hycosamine helps, too, but you said "over the counter."

good luck! hopefully you'll get back up to attack-free in no time!

--------------------

Re: Murphy's Law new
      #76807 - 06/07/04 08:45 AM
JosephC

Thanks.
Ive been trying to get as much heat as possible. I think I got some Immodium and stuff into me early and helped head off getting it REALLY bad. Think I'll be able to get to work too, just a bit later. Missing work only makes me more uncomfortable-its not a great job, but it keeps me busy.

I hate Murphy's Law, as well. But maybe the good thing is that my cramps might subside-if I can find a bright side to it all, it would be that.

Back on the horse, I guess.

Re: Murphy's Law new
      #76821 - 06/07/04 09:12 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Quote:

Back on the horse, I guess.

yeah, but sometimes i just look at that horse and think... "damn, you again!?"

--------------------

#76835 - 06/07/04 09:41 AM

Unregistered

If you haven't changed anything lately then I would say that maybe you are coming down with something.

That happens to me when I get sick especially with the flu. I start to think what I had to eat, what I did, and when I can't figure it out I check people around me and ask my pharmacist if the flu is going around. We just had a nasty batch go through here.

Don't forget when you take Immodium it makes a plug and when you start to go again you'll have a normal movement but will have almost like D again after. It took me a long time to find that one out. LOL I thought that I was having attacks non-stop after my immodium wore off.

Hope you feel better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review