All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Please HELP!! Chest pain+ IBS
      #76351 - 06/04/04 06:36 PM
Michael K.

Reged: 06/03/04

Does anyone have constant chest pain and IBS bloating with no reflux. Have had tests. Not heart or lung problems. Could IBS be doing this? Does anyone have these same symptons? Any advice would be appreciated!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please HELP!! Chest pain+ IBS new
      #76358 - 06/04/04 06:50 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Michael, sweetie, you've been posting a lot about this. I'm so sorry you're still hurting. Yes, IBS could be doing this. I was walking around with a funny burning hurting feeling just under my breastbone most of the afternoon.

Here's my advice:
1. Take three deep breaths.
2. Take some Mylanta or Maalox.
3. Eat some plain white bread or a plain bagel or plain white rice.
4. Take some Benadryl and some Tylenol and go to bed. Try to get 8 hours sleep.
5. When you get up tomorrow, eat more plain soluble fiber foods for breakfast, then log on and post an answer to this thread to let me know how you feel.

Deal? Feel better and sweet dreams.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#76364 - 06/04/04 07:11 PM

Unregistered

MichaelK, Please take a look at this page from Health Square.com. It explains what chest pains can be caused by and bowel problems and gas are on the list. Good luck. I'm sorry you are having pain.

http://www.healthsqr.com/mc/fgmc0140.htm

Have tests to rule out gall bladder problems! new
      #76449 - 06/05/04 11:28 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

The chest pain from that is excruciating and it will definitely affect bowel habits. I know. I'm going through it right now.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Have tests to rule out gall bladder problems! new
      #76450 - 06/05/04 11:42 AM
Michael K.

Reged: 06/03/04

Had test to rule out gallstones with an ultrsound. So I guess that my gall baldder is fine. Said no gallstones. Does that mean that my gall baldder is fine?

#76459 - 06/05/04 12:38 PM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you are in so much distress with the chest pain. I would speak to the doctor again if I were you.

When I was diagnosed with IBS in March I was also diagnosed with GERD and a Hiatal Hernia. These can also cause a lot of chest pain even when there is no acid involved.

My father who has had a heart attack also has had a polyp removed from his esophogus and has hiatal hernia and still gets terrible chest pain from his even with his meds. Mine isn't as bad as his is and the meds the doctor gave me Aciphex 20 mg. has really helped with mine a lot. I suggested to my dad to ask the doctor about this medication the next time he sees him. I know sometimes he is having so much chest pain he has wondered if it was his heart instead but turned out to be due to the esophagus.

I know the IBS also causes chest pain caused by the gas but to be on the safe side I would still talk to the doctor about it as he may have missed something when you were diagnosed. Better to be on the safe side.

Let us know how everything is going and what you decide to do. I wish you the best and hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

pat

Re: Have tests to rule out gall bladder problems! new
      #76466 - 06/05/04 01:17 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Michael,
From what I've learned, you can have gallbladder problems and not be showing gallstones. For example, you could have a gall bladder that is not functioning properly, which can make you sick and make you more suceptible to gall stones, even if none were showing on the ultrasound.

Kelly

Chest pain and sleep??? new
      #76476 - 06/05/04 04:09 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Hey, since were on the topic of chest pain i thought that i would just add in my lil story. I've been having pain in my lower chest/upper stomach (right where your ribs meet at the bottom) ever since primary school sometime. It seems to me that i get it when i don't get enough sleep. I have no idea what it is and the doctor didn't seem to worried about it but its quite painful. It does seem to go away when i sleep and thats about the only thing i can do when i get it. I've never heard of anyone else that this happens to. Does anyone else have this strange thing?? I had this years before my IBS too. Julie

Re: Chest pain and sleep??? new
      #76477 - 06/05/04 04:16 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Might be costochondritis (sp?), which I've read about in my fibromyalgia research -- although it's not exclusive to fibro. Do a google search and see if it matches your symptoms.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LS, good idea about what the pain might be. new
      #76481 - 06/05/04 04:37 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

My daughter-in-law has costocondritis (sp?). She hasn't had the pain for awhile now but I remember she complained about sharp continual pains in the chest area and around the ribs. Even went to ER once. I think it can be brought about by stress or overworked muscles. Anyway, I would suggest that Michael check this out, too. If I remember correctly there is not much you can do except heating pad, pain relievers and relax till it passes.

Barbie

--------------------

You may need to have functionality test new
      #76485 - 06/05/04 05:27 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I agree with the other post here. I was told that my gall bladder may not be functioning properly. I may not have stones either. (won't find out until Monday) Whatever it is, my bowels sure are confused! From NOTHING----to LOTS with no apparent reason. I'd have it rechecked.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1460

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review