All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whoops...I think I might be IBS-A now!
      #75889 - 06/03/04 09:57 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Quick question...I ate a vietnamese noodle salad which was seemingly safe. Mostly rice noodles, imitation crab, a little lettuce and cucumbers(seeds removed). The dressing has a good bit of lemon juice in it.

2 hours after lunch and you would think a bomb went off in my colon...totally emptied (though not D). Being a "C" I like the empty feeling but not the poofy bloating that I am still suffering.

Could it have been the lemon juice? As I said the lettuce and cucumber was so little, I don't think that would be the culprit since it was mixed with the rice noodles.

Any opnions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

welcome to the family. new
      #75894 - 06/03/04 10:20 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

it could be the imitation crab stuff. i have seen that come up on the board before.

also, cucumbers are notorious for creating belching--- guess they could make other kinds of gas, too (leading to bloating)?

sorry this happened. sounds like it was yummy, though????

--------------------

for jenx new
      #75932 - 06/03/04 11:28 AM
####

It was the best...the recipe is below. You serve the sauce over rice noodles with the ingredients I listed in my last e-mail. You can add bean sprouts as well. I have been eating a lot of imitation crab...interesting thought. I think I'll take a break from that for a while and see if things improve. I used so few cucumbers and removes the seeds so you'd think it wouldn't be so bad. Who knows...

Nuoc Cham (nook mum)
5 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. water
1/3 cup fish sauce
½ cup lemon or lime juice (fresh squeezed)
1 large clove of garlic (minced)
1 Thai chili (seeded and diced)
1 shallot (peeled, thinly sliced and rinsed)

whisk together the sugar, water, fish sauce and lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved. Add garlic, chili and shallot. Make at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Can be kept in refrigerator for 2 weeks.

oh, that sounds yummy! thanks. -nt- new
      #75936 - 06/03/04 11:31 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: Whoops...I think I might be IBS-A now! new
      #76074 - 06/03/04 06:43 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Hi Rachel,

Well, the noodle salad sounded yummy but too bad about the D! I know how you feel. I'm a C too but I sometimes have the same experience you did - especially when I'm not "stable". Actually, this happened to me just on Monday night - it was horrible! I RAN to the bathroom not more than 15 minutes after dinner and was there for a while. I know what you mean that it's nice to get "emptied" out but if you're like me there was a lot of pain, nausea and queasiness involved. I lay in bed with my heating pad and tea after the whole "event".

Sorry about going off on a tangent there! What I wanted to say was that when I got sick on Monday I had had dumplings and an Asian soup. I had a sauce with the dumplings that I'd never had before and I think that might of been what did it to me - maybe it was the fish sauce in your recipe???

Anyway - hope you feel better! I know how uncomfortable it can be!

Ana

For Ana Maria new
      #76129 - 06/04/04 05:26 AM
####

Thanks for the info. I eat a lot of vietnamese food so it couldn't be the fish sauce. It had to be the cucumber or lemon juice. On the other hand I had the same dish yesterday with real crab meat instead of the fake and I did just fine....strange.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1792

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review