Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hmmmm? BBQ Chicken
      #74944 - 05/31/04 09:08 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Hey all!

Well, I have to say things have been doing pretty good for about 1 1/2 weeks since I started my hypno CDs. Ive had a few minor bathroom "aches", but only mild, not long lasting, and not too much to really interfere with my day.

However, this morning Ive had a little attack that stil wasnt too bad, but more than Ive had recently. Last night I had some BBQ-ed chicken-just seasoned like normal, but no sauce or anything.
Has anyone had a problem with barbequed foods before? I havent heard anything, so I wasnt too sure.

I also had a baked potato and a few (like 4) broccoli florets. I took a beano, but I think I'll take Bev's advice and drop broccoli-at least for the time being.

I also had some chocolate soy milk later on-but I wonder if that has an effect, as well. I know I dont tolerate soy all that well-I have some because rice milk is awful to me, and I need more than tea and water.

Just trying to track down a culprit so I can avoid it in the future, and the BBQ chicken was the only thing I have no clue on.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hmmmm? BBQ Chicken new
      #74945 - 05/31/04 09:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

BBQed should be fine. I'd blame the broccoli! It's hard for a lot of people.

#74948 - 05/31/04 09:18 AM
JosephC

Ok, good to know.
It really stinks, though, because brocolli was (and still kinda is) one of my favorite veggies and now its off limits Doing without red meat and fast food is somehow more tolerable than giving that up.
Bev's warned me before, but it used to be fine-even when my IBS first started. Then suddenly my body just wont tolerate it anymore.

Maybe Michael's CDs will help me get my broc back someday!

#74952 - 05/31/04 09:35 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Joseph,

I have the same prob with broccoli. If I have it, tiny tiney bits of it, maybe just two bites, after soluble fiber of course.

I do great on the BBQ chicken, no skin. Had some last night, and a small peice for breakfast. It never bothers me!! gayla

#74955 - 05/31/04 09:43 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Ok, good to know.
It really stinks, though, because brocolli was (and still kinda is) one of my favorite veggies and now its off limits Doing without red meat and fast food is somehow more tolerable than giving that up.
Bev's warned me before, but it used to be fine-even when my IBS first started. Then suddenly my body just wont tolerate it anymore.

Maybe Michael's CDs will help me get my broc back someday!

Joseph, I agree with Linz, I'd blame the broccoli too. I can eat other green veggies like green beans and peas (in fairly small amounts) but broccoli is something I still can't tolerate. I feel your pain, though... I always adored broccoli and I still miss it sometimes. But just think, would you rather eat broccoli or be free of IBS attacks?? That's what I ask myself...

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

You got that right! new
      #74959 - 05/31/04 09:48 AM
JosephC

I ALWAYS think of that when I have to say goodbye to a particular food.

the potato new
      #74967 - 05/31/04 10:00 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

I had a really bad attack after I ate a baked potato- and the skin. After looking at my food journl- it's the only thing I could fine- the skin of the baked pot.
Now- I stick to potatoes with thinner skins- yukon gold, creamer, fingerlings and white rose.

Re: the potato new
      #74969 - 05/31/04 10:06 AM
JosephC

I usually either peel the skin or just dont eat it and just eat the inside. I recall reading that skin might be bad, so I've done what I can to avoid that.
But I'll look into the other types anyway. Never can be too careful.

Joseph and Evan, I cannot tolerate the skin, ever!! --nt- new
      #74971 - 05/31/04 10:17 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Take heart new
      #75016 - 05/31/04 01:42 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

On a good day (ie. not this week! ) I can have a floret or maybe two of broccoli at the end of a safe meal! I love it too...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review