All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Not sure what to do
      #7486 - 04/26/03 06:39 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi I'm new to the board. Right now I'm on the Specific Carb Diet and still having problems. I'm on Levbid,Asacol,hydrocortisone supp. and PeptoBismol. The Spec. Carb diet is grain free, sugar free,lactose free diet that I've been on for 9 months and I'm still having problems.I need advice! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not sure what to do new
      #7524 - 04/26/03 10:34 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there! Welcome! Do a search for breaking the cycle info...if this doesn't help, someone else will have good ideas for ya! I hope you feel better soon...take care! *hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7533 - 04/27/03 02:53 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hello! Im sorry your not feeling well with an attempted diet. May I ask why you are on a specific carb diet? For me, carbs are one of my safest things to eat (bred,rice,pasta) and i dont know what i would do without them! I also see you are on Levbid. I am on Levsin, and the meds are practically the same thing. I used to take 2 a day, but that wasnt enough, so i now take 3-4 a day, depending on how i am feeling. How many do you take a day?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7550 - 04/27/03 07:33 AM
catzlady4

Hi The reason that I'm on the Specific Carb Diet is because I thought it would help me. I'm really not sure what to do because the IBS diet is totally the opposite. It's eating everything that I haven't had for 9 months!!I'm not sure how to ease into the IBS diet, I'm really scared I don't want to give my stomach a scare!I take 2 Levbids a day.Do you have any advice on how I would approach the IBS diet when I haven't eaten bread,pasta & rice for 9 months? Thanks!

#7551 - 04/27/03 07:39 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

catzlady - why are you on this diet? What have you been diagnosed as having?

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (04/27/03 07:40 AM)

#7553 - 04/27/03 07:44 AM
catzlady4

Hi The reason why I'm on the SCD diet is out of desperation I was feeling so awful and didn't know where to turn. I was diagnosed with IBS and possible colitis but my symptoms are mainly IBS. Do you have any suggestions for me as to how to start out on the IBS diet? Thanks I would appreciate it.

#7555 - 04/27/03 07:49 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

If you have been classified with IBS you should eat the IBS Diet. It works! I know this! I was really hesitant cause I had quit carbs and quit all carbonated drinks. Anything with refined sugar I knocked out of my diet. I still had attacks even when I did that. I had 3 diagnosises of IBS even though they haven't done a colonoscopy.. I had a hiatal hernia on my intestine when I was a baby and they had to knick it to cut out the hernia, ever since that time I'd had problems with my bowels. When I was young I had constipation and straining, then as I got older it was diarreah and straining; classic bloating, gas, and burping every once in a while.

I have been filling myself with fiber and not only have I found I am losing weight again, but I also have no diarreah, all stools are solid. Heather stated in her book if we did this and it turned out for one whole week your symtpoms have nearly disappeared then we are fine.

We are eating food that will help our cholesterol drop and our sugar either be controlled or lowered due to the fat free content and sugar free content drop. I will pray for you that you find an answer for all your issues. You are in my thoughts and I am sorry you are going through such a confusing time right now.

#7558 - 04/27/03 07:51 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I would suggest starting by introducing one carb at a time, just a little bit at one meal a day and see how your body reacts. I find rice the safest, as I think wheat can bloat some people, and I can't take too much pasta.
Hope this helps, just take it slow. I would also recommend a soluble fiber supplement to help settle your tummy - if you use the search option to look at previous posts, there's lots of info on the different types.
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#7559 - 04/27/03 07:52 AM
catzlady4

Thank you I appreciate your prayers. Do you have any suggestions on how I would start this diet.I'm afraid that if I start eating bread etc. after not having it for 9 months my stomach will do flip flops! Thanks!

#7560 - 04/27/03 07:53 AM
catzlady4

Hi What else should I eat with the carbs at my meals that would be safe?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1778 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3284

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review