All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
evil antibiotics
      #74051 - 05/27/04 07:14 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Anybody have trouble with their IBS while taking antibiotics? I'm on zithromax and it is causing me terrible problems with my GI system. Frustrating when I had been doing really well for several monthes! What are other people's experiences?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: evil antibiotics new
      #74056 - 05/27/04 07:22 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I had problems with zithromax even before I had IBS. It says on the box not to take immodium without consulting a doc or pharmacist, but mine always said it would be okay. Don't take too many immodium, as it can swing you to C. Take the pills with a really good soluable fiber base: oatmeal or cream of rice, plain rice, pasta, bannanas, crackers. You should stick to the "What to eat when you can't eat anything" list, just make sure you don't let your tummy get too empty. Plenty of fluids too.
I'm sorry, this is an awful way to feel. I hope when you are done with the meds in a few days, the symptoms will go away. Oh, keep taking your SFS too, and a pro-biotic wouldn't hurt either. Bevrs likes the Jarro kind.
Feel better!
AP

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#74058 - 05/27/04 07:25 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi
I've had problems with antibiotics before, so my GI Doctor
told me never to take antibiotics unless I was on my death bed! I recently had an infection in my tooth and the dentist told me I had to start taking them and I said "NO WAY!" Well he looked at me like I had 6 heads. But I didn't care it's not worth the pain because it throws me off for months! Hope you're feeling better soon!

#74060 - 05/27/04 07:28 PM
joanmarie

I think I will follow your suggestion and not take them again unless I am really sure i need them. I hope I don't end up in monthes worth of misery!

#74061 - 05/27/04 07:30 PM
joanmarie

Thanks for the good suggestions. I've been taking the antibiotic at night so I'm not so debilitated when taking care of the kids. Now I'll eat a bit of rice or potato before taking it. I wish I had done that tonight!
Thanks,
Joan

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1622 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 643

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review