All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Thank you all for your help.[ NT ] new
      #74854 - 05/30/04 08:34 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

lol Gerry you can do it any way you want we still get it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Jenx Re: Ginger Altoids are NOT awful.... new
      #74895 - 05/31/04 06:23 AM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Jen,
I agree with you, I like the Ginger Altoids. Would I like them if I did not have IBS? Probably not. I first tried the Ginger Altoids when I had company & we were going through Culpepper, VA & stopped at McDonalds. I had a Egg McMuffin without the yolk & immediately felt an upset stomach. My sister wanted to stop for a Diet Coke, so we stopped at 7-ll. I usually always carry something in my purse, but that day I switched purses, & didn't have anything. The 7-11 carried Ginger Altoids, so I thought I would try them. The Ginger Altoids worked for me. The Peppermint are just too strong for me. My sisters thought I was nuts, but I am of the whatever works for you works. Ginger Altoids work for me. I buy them from a store here in Alexandri, VA called the World Market.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

This message is for Ana Maria *DELETED* new
      #74977 - 05/31/04 10:38 AM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: ginger snaps new
      #74982 - 05/31/04 11:15 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Oh where did you find ginger snaps. I love those. I haven't had a really good cookie in a while. This one store use to sell these ones that were in a brown bag(name?) and don't any more. Now I have this craving... Sue

Ginger Snaps! new
      #75008 - 05/31/04 01:03 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

The name of the ginger snaps is "Mi-Del", Old-Fashioned Swedish Style Ginger Snaps. Not sure what "Swedish style" is but it's goooood! I got them in the "health food section" of Dominion - a local grocery store. They're distributed by "American Natural Snacks" in St. Augustine Florida.

They're really good - quite hard as most ginger snaps are. There's another kind made by "Sasha Bread" but they have eggs in them - I had those before I discovered this site and Heather's diet....

Hope you find them where you are! Oh - they're kind of pricey....but worth it!

Ana

Web Site where you can get the ginger snaps - couldn't find homepage for Mi-Del! new
      #75010 - 05/31/04 01:18 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Mi-Del Ginger Snaps

Found some here, remarkably! new
      #76867 - 06/07/04 11:21 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Today I happened to find them at a Target here in Florida.
Have to say, I wasnt prepared for the "bite" they have to them-maybe I just got used to the peppermint ones, but it was burning my mouth a little bit. But ginger is supposed to be good for the tummy, so I'll take it.
They're a bit like the cinnamon ones, and since I used to like a little bit of hot stuff, I like these. But I know they arent for everyone. Some people really dont like the taste of ginger at all.

But just to let anyone else know, they are a bit hot, so dont get surprised by that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8015

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review