All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloating in progress...HELP!!
      #73918 - 05/27/04 10:32 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

I'm sitting here at work wondering why I have not yet gone pooh today - I can tell that I should have. I ate my oatmeal for breakfast and I've been drinking some lemonade (but it's fake lemonade - no juice) and I'm trying to think how I can ward this off - I can feel my stomuch starting to do the bloating thing as I sit here typing. I have some fennel seeds in my desk that I could add to some tea, I might be able to find some peppermint tea at the coffee shops down stairs, there's a water cooler - should I just drink more water? I have a little dried fruit here on my desk - I'm just trying to think of anything I have here at my disposal to see if I can get rid of this before I have to go through my whole day feeling like a stuffed sausage!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloating in progress...HELP!! new
      #73923 - 05/27/04 10:40 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Eeyew, fake lemonade can't help - don't want to know how much artificial stuff is in there....

Anyhow, peppermint or chamomile tea aren't as effective as fennel tea, but they're better than nothing. If you can stop by a drugstore and pick up one of those Thermocare pads, they might also provide some relief.

Do you know any yoga? It's the best thing for gas - if I'm at work and getting bloated, I just go into a restroom stall and do some twists and lift a knee to my chest. It's not the same as a full session, but it's better than nothing!

--AC

#73924 - 05/27/04 10:40 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Hi Mindy,
I'm not too experience with this bcos I just started the diet about a month ago, but I hope I can help some. Were you able to get in some exercising this morning? That helps with my cramps & bloating. I drink tea with every meal and water in between. I'm not sure about dried fruits... I heard that they have preservatives. I don't know if that's safe? Maybe someone can help you with that. Try drinking the juice that isn't fake. I haven't drank soda or others juices in a long time. I hear cranberry, pineapple juice are okay. I just found mango juice in the store last week. Have you tried incorporating fresh fruits into your meals and veggies too? Letsee... you know the peppermint mints by Altos, I think taht's their name? You can find them in the check-out counters in grocery stores. What do your meals usually consist of? Have you tried following the diet? And fiber supplements, have you taken those? Let us know how your day goes & I hope it gets better!!
Lilybear

Re:Mindy, try this... new
      #73943 - 05/27/04 11:25 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Whatever tea you have, if not get the peppermint tea, put the fennel in with it, stick it in the micro., drink it like that. Hopefully it will help. This is what I do any time I drink the fennel, it just tastes better to me.

The lemonade could have HFCS in it, that stuff hurts me.

Looks like we both need to learn the Yoga exercises for bloating. Good luck honey, I know exactly how you feel!!!

#73995 - 05/27/04 01:43 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Don't eat the dried fruit or you'll get a tummy ache on top of the bloating. Peppermint tea from downstairs would definitely help and if they have any lowfat muffins or a plain bagel, that would help too. Even plain cookies like Lorna Doones, or soda crackers or pretzels would help.

Is there a newstand with Tums or Mylanta? That would also help. And it's probably not possible to run to a drugstore for some Phazyme or Gas-X is it?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7410 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review