Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mucus
      #73911 - 05/27/04 10:17 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Hello,
I know IBS is characterized by mucus in your #2... but why does it happen? Is it due to diet? Or anything else? Is it not safe to see it, and is there any way we can prevent it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mucus new
      #73913 - 05/27/04 10:21 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Good question and glad you asked cause I have problems with this one sometimes and I'm a shy one, so not good at asking - but I'll be looking for the answers here...

#73917 - 05/27/04 10:30 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Hi Mindy,
Yes I was just wondering about it... I'm sorry you have problems with it. Its good that we are able to ask questions here & receive help. I am shy too, but everyone here makes me feel comfortable. Hopefully we can help you too if you ever need help, or someone to just listen:) Feel free, whenever you feel comfortable, to ask what's on your mind. How are you doing? I hope you have a nice day:)
*Lilybear

Re: Mucus, here is what I have read... new
      #73947 - 05/27/04 11:37 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Mucus is caused when the intestines have spasms, the lining of the intestinal walls rub together, creating the oh so terrible and ugly mucus. Now, I could be wrong, someone else on the boards may know more about it. I dont seem to suffer from it as much when I am taking an anti-spasmodic, like Hyoscyamine-(Levbid). I have been under mega-stress lately and I have had a few episodes of it. Luckily, it happened at home and I had time to change before I left. I have friends who carry extra undies in their bags, and complete change of clothing in their vehicle. This is something I need to do for myself. I also have a friend who carries a small pair of collapsable scissors (at all times), they come in very handy to just cut off the panties and toss them. When you have no other choice, sometimes you have to or may be more comfy going (la bare)!!!!

I know this all sounds so ugly, but with us IBSr's it is reality. I hope this helped some. gayla

#73993 - 05/27/04 01:39 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Gayla's right, it's from the lining of your digestive system being irritated and trying to coat and heal itself. You know how when you get a cold, your nose runs? Same thing, just the other end!! As you get your IBS under control, it should disappear.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#74096 - 05/28/04 06:19 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

I was wandering about this myself. I thought I was wierd or something.I also take Levbid. I know this sounds kind of crazy but sometimes when I think I'm iffy that day I will wear a pad just in case and if anything happens I can usually change out and go home!! I like the idea of traveling with extra clothes. I would not go anywhere with out underwear what if you had a problem then you're a real mess not a pretty picture for me.
Terry

#74133 - 05/28/04 09:14 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Terry, yup, you're not the only one on this board that does that!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 816

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review