All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
doctor appt. today nervous
      #73813 - 05/27/04 06:07 AM
Sherbelle

Reged: 04/20/04
Loc: Arkansas

I'm going to the doctor today after 3 months of pain, bloating, spasms, etc. I've had ibs for 25 years but have never experienced an attack lasting so long and being in so much pain. I have been on Heather's diet for about 2 months with some good results but not enough pain relief.
I am a C and can still not have a bm without enemas or laxatives. It doesn't matter what I eat or how much water, etc. I still don't go. Anyway, I have my list of questions ready and list of drugs some of you have tried. I am going to schedule a colonoscopy, be checked for parasites, blood work. Can anyone think of anything else I should ask him???
Thanks for your help, you guys are awesome...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: doctor appt. today nervous new
      #73820 - 05/27/04 06:20 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

It sounds like you have a good starting point, I hope your GI is a good one and hears everything you tell him. One thing, if you feel he may not be hearing how much pain you are in, stick with him, see to it that you leave with a script. I always find that if I am strong and to the point, especially when I am suffering from pain, that they HEAR ME.

Goodluck honey, I will be checking back to see how everyting went!! gayla

#73825 - 05/27/04 06:33 AM
Sherbelle

Thanks for your support. I will definitely get some meds.
Of course Valium helps me the most and he won't give me that. He did once but only 7 pills. Will let you know when I get back about 12:00. Have a good day yourself...

#73828 - 05/27/04 06:38 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Certainly hope your appointment goes well. I'm sorry you're nervous - doctors can be so intimidating and I don't think they always realize that! It sounds like you have the right things in mind - you should also bring with you any medicines you are taking if they are not the ones prescribed to you by this doctor. Is it a doctor you've seen before? I know it helps some if you're at least a little familliar - well good luck anyway and let us know how things go.
Best,
Min

Re: good doctor visit new
      #75236 - 06/01/04 11:38 AM
Sherbelle

Re: good doctor visit new
      #75238 - 06/01/04 11:46 AM
Sherbelle

I have had this family doctor for 20 years and he is one in a million... he listens, is patient, kind, considerate and above all HIS WIFE HAS IBS D! I didn't know that before. So he patiently listened and gave me Levsin and Miralax which are both wonderful. My bloating is so much better. He also told me to try mineral oil for my constipation. I am having a colonoscopy in a few weeks, will be checked for parasites, blood test and I wanted a hormone check since I went off of Premarin. I wanted the salivary testing but it costs 339.00 but I saw if on the web for 139.00 so am going to try that. Anyway, I am feeling better and thanks for your help.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review