All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Alittle confused
      #73686 - 05/26/04 04:37 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi everyone! I had a bad attack on Saturday at work. I thought I was going to die!!! I started my SFS (Fibercon)2 pills 2x daily and Levsin every 4 hours and stuck to the plain rice etc. The D is gone but now I have C. But when I do finally go it will be D. My question is what insoluble fiber can I incorporate in the beginning to get things normalized as far as fruits and veggies. I don't do well with oatmeal and when I had the attack a couple of hours before I had put soymilk in my Bisquick mix maybe that was the culprit? How do you add in soy also? Hope everyone is feeling good!Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Alittle confused new
      #73705 - 05/26/04 05:08 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Sorry to hear about your attack, sweetie. I usually find the easiest way to start adding insoluble is with a cracked wheat bread that is part white flour and part whole wheat.

The next easiest for me is vegetable soup.

For fruits and veggies, the ones I tolerate best are peas (I love em) and canned pineapple, which makes a great smoothie.

Feel better!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#73713 - 05/26/04 05:25 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Laura had some great ideas. Also, when I was first eating veggies again I stuck to veggies that were high in soluble fiber but also had some insoluble, like carrots, potatoes, and squash. They're still my safest standbys! Also, peeled and sliced apples and peaches never bothered me as long as I ate them after a soluble fiber meal.

As for the Bisquick, I'm assuming it was regular? Because that's very high in fat, so maybe that could have triggered your problem. If you can get reduced fat maybe that will work better for you... I think it has half the fat!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#73719 - 05/26/04 05:56 PM
catzlady4

Hi Kree
It was the reduced fat Bisquick so do you think it was the soy milk?

#73748 - 05/26/04 07:12 PM
Kree

It could be then. Have you ever noticed a problem from soy milk or any other soy products before?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#73751 - 05/26/04 07:18 PM
catzlady4

Not really but that was the only thing that I ate that I could think would give me that terrible attack. I had the attack though right after dinner (salmon & white rice) and I had eaten the pancakes with the soymilk in the morning Would it take that long to give me an attack?

#73768 - 05/26/04 08:23 PM
Kree

It could, but if it happened at night it seems more likely that it was your dinner. Was there anything on the salmon? If not I know sometimes my body gets in a funk and anything I eat will bother me, so maybe it wasn't anything in particular. I guess the only way to find out for sure if it was the soy is to stop using it for a while and see if things get better. I wish I had some more helpful advice!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1018

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review