All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about Mucus?
      #73540 - 05/26/04 08:32 AM
usafacock

Reged: 12/16/03

I've been battling whatever I have for about 4 years now. My symptoms have changed a little over the course of the years, but for the last year they have been pretty consistent. I typically wake up in the morning use the bathroom and then have to go about 2-3 more times before lunch. If I have mucus in the last stool my bowels will grumble for about an hour or two and then go away. I don't have watery stools, but I wouldn't call them totally formed. A lot of times I can see undigested food in my stool. Sorry for the graphics. I take a soluble fiber supplment 3 times a day before eating and have done so for the last 6 months. I also avoid most of the foods listed on this website. My bad days seem like they go for a week then I have a good week. The symptoms go from looser stools to harder stools and then back to looser stools. Can't figure out the trigger and why it seems cyclic. Mucus always seems to be present during the bad days. Any ideas? Anybody have any good results with molocure on any other product sold on the web? Thanks, for the help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Mucus? new
      #73625 - 05/26/04 12:18 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello!

Have you been officially diagnosed with IBS? Have you had tests to rule out other problems (i.e. colonscopy, upper and lower GI)?

I know from experience that I too get a lot of mucus in my stool and that this is fairly common with IBS. Also, if you're IBS-A (alternating C and D) you may find that your symptoms are sorta cyclic. I know mine are, I'll have really bad D for a week or so and then all of sudden swing over to C. Lately, the D has been winning out over the C for the most part, but it definately usually goes in cycles.

I'm really not sure about the undigested food, but I would say if you haven't had tests done to rule out other potential problems I definately would.

And sorry, I haven't heard of molucure, but maybe someone else here has.

Good luck,
Kelly

I haven't been "offically" diagonsis due to my job, but I have had all of the tests. new
      #73629 - 05/26/04 12:43 PM
usafacock

Reged: 12/16/03

Re: I haven't been "offically" diagonsis due to my job, but I have had all of the tests. new
      #73678 - 05/26/04 04:03 PM
Chela

Reged: 03/17/04
Loc: California

What about an ulcer? I had a lot of mucus when they diagnosed me with one. After that, I don't have none or hardly any, just IBS-C.

Re: Question about Levsin new
      #73683 - 05/26/04 04:25 PM
Suzanne299

Reged: 05/26/04

I just found your website yesterday and ordered the Diet Kit #2. I started with the soluable fiber supplements and the peppermint tea today. I'm trying to recover from a bad bout of diarrehea Sunday. My question has to do with the medication Levsin that my doctor prescribed for my IBS. He told me to take it when I was having the cramping and diarrehea and/or to take it before meals to prevent an occurence especially when I am under stress or going to be traveling so I don't end up ruining my trip etc. Can I take the Levsin with the soluable fiber supplement for a few days? My husband and I are traveling to New Orleans for our 19th anniversary and I sure don't want our weekend ruined by being sick. Thank you for responding to this question.

Suzanne

#73685 - 05/26/04 04:29 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi I've been on Levsin for years and it works for me it should do the trick for your trip. Have a great anniversary!

Re: I haven't been "offically" diagonsis due to my job, but I have had all of the tests. new
      #73920 - 05/27/04 10:34 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

I am wondering about mucus too?? I am seeing a lot more lately... I'm not sure if this is normal and am a little concerned. Any replys are appreciated. Thank you.

#73997 - 05/27/04 01:47 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome, Suzanne! I didn't see your post before. Yes, absolutely you can take both the fiber supplement and the Levsin. They work together. Have a wonderful trip and congratulations on your anniversary!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

SFS and Levsin new
      #74073 - 05/27/04 08:42 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I once took a SFS that interfered with the absorbtion of medication. It may not be true with all SFS, I was just wondering? does anyone know? gayla

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 391 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1660

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review