All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: From diarrhea to constipation? new
      #73417 - 05/25/04 05:28 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you tried peppermint capsules as well as tea? Heather swears by them for cramps - I think you get more concentrated peppermint than with tea.

I'm pretty sure that an external exam can NOT rule out IBDs, though the lack of blood is a positive sign. So you will need a colonoscopy when you can afford it. It's worth it to know that worse stuff has actually been ruled out.

The water and insoluble fibre is essential to prevent C. Just be careful about how you eat insolubles.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: From diarrhea to constipation? new
      #73420 - 05/25/04 05:35 PM
tomoko

Reged: 04/20/04

Hi Linz,

Thank you for your advice. As for peppermint oil caps, I have tried it before (by Enzymatic Therapy - maybe a year, two years ago) and it worked against me then, and I don't want to try it anymore. Someone in another post mentioned it's like Vics out the other end, and that was exactly my symptoms.

Anyway, I have been drinking more fluid today so that should help.

I opened another thread asking if anybody knows a web listing that lists up the amount of soluble/insoluble fibers. That will give me more ideas as to what I should eat on any given day.

Thanks again!

T

Vicks bottoms! new
      #73422 - 05/25/04 05:39 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh I got that too! And I have Gerds and my stomach managed to get through the enteric coating so I had heartburn and was burping peppermint! One way to have fresh breath, I guess.

It's annoying you can't have them. Oh well.

As I can't have Peppermint, I drink Chamomile tea. Why not try mixing that with your peppermint to get the benefits of both. Also, heating pads work wonders.

Btw, if you get really bad cramps, pain relief meds with codeine in them seem to work best.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review