All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can't find lunabars but was recommended "equibars" by ibs sufferer, has anyone tried them?-nt
      #73021 - 05/24/04 05:56 PM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

--------------------

Chantale

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can't find lunabars but was recommended "equibars" by ibs sufferer, has anyone tried them?-nt new
      #73037 - 05/24/04 06:32 PM
Rocketqueen

Reged: 05/10/04
Loc: Montréal

Allo Chantale!!

I triied them once and I suffered from pain after. I know they have different flavors. Maybe i didn't try the good one?? Maybe it was just a coincidence?? Maybe they contain too much insoluble fiber?? I think they have sprouted grains. I don't remember well.

Can you find Luna Bar at the store Aliments Santé Laurier?? Maybe they can order them for you??
I can find them in some natural food store in Montreal.
Bonne Soirée!

Re: Can't find lunabars but was recommended "equibars" by ibs sufferer, has anyone tried them?-nt new
      #73395 - 05/25/04 04:14 PM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

Allo Rocketqueen!!!

They don't have luna bars at Aliments de Santé Laurier. I e-mailed the company's consumer services and I asked them where I could by them around here. I hope I'll get an answer soon!!

Do you buy them at TAU? When I go to mtl or St-Hubert (my fiance's family lives there)I love going to their store!

Actually, when I asked for lunabars at the Aliments de santé laurier, the woman I talked to told me she had ibs and the equibars were the only bars she could tolerate (she didn't know the lunabars though...) So far, I have tried two different flavors: carob(?) (caroube..!)and almonds and also peanuts and "caroube". I wasn't sure about the first one because it had hemp seeds and ground almonds in them but it went really well! I had the other one today and seem to be doing just fine. I wouldn't try many other flavors though because they do seem to be two high on insoluble fibers.

I read that you were about to order Acacia. I think you'll like it. Just make sure you start very slowly. And I will tell you another clue: put in your glass, in that specific order: acacia, then about 2cm of juice, then mix that with a fork and finally, fill the glass with water. That's how I do now and it dissolves a lot better!

Good luck!!!

--------------------

Chantale

Mixing Acacia! new
      #73414 - 05/25/04 05:16 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Great note on how to mix Acacia - just wanted to add that you can do this with any liquid (though I think cold is best).

#73517 - 05/26/04 06:20 AM
Rocketqueen

Reged: 05/10/04
Loc: Montréal

Hi Chantale,

Yes I bought Luna Bar at Chaz Tau (but the one in Laval). They should habe it in Mtl too...

For the equibar, I'm going to try them again another time... Just to see...

Thanks for the advice on how to mis Acacia. I bought it yesterday. Can't wait too try it...

Byebye

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6826 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review