All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Early mornings new
      #72347 - 05/22/04 05:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and to make me go back to sleep I get up and make some warm soy milk or Chamomile tea (or both?). They're pretty good at making me sleepy again.

But if you really can't sleep, try lying in the yoga pose "corpse". It's incredibly relaxing even whilst awake.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Early mornings new
      #72356 - 05/22/04 06:58 AM
Rocketqueen

Reged: 05/10/04
Loc: Montréal

Hi Linz, thanks for the suggestions!!!!

Re: Do You Get Enough Sleep??!! Yeah, YOU!! new
      #72363 - 05/22/04 07:25 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I find that when I wake up on my own, at whatever time my body wants, usually anywhere between 7am and 9am, I feel ok, but if I wake up with an alarm clock I feel pretty crappy for a number of hours.

Mind you, I think if I lived in a great party city like Montréal I wouldn't get any sleep anyways. (the drinking wouldn't help either )

But seriously, the thing that I have found is that if I constantly get my body used to getting up early and going to bed earlier it helps things out. Although going to bed when it's still light outside takes some getting used to.

Re: Shaky dreams new
      #72393 - 05/22/04 10:27 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i think i'll try that. and a hot shower before i got to bed, too. i said i was going to try that a week ago and never did.

yeah, well, i need to get on top of this sleep thing! do you take any meds to get sleep???

--------------------

#72405 - 05/22/04 10:49 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Well, I am in bed long enough. In fact, most people would probably think I am in bed too long. As far as that equaling me feeling refreshed like a t-shirt coming out of the dryer on a laundry detergent ad, not really. Let's just say I went to bed at 9:15 last night, and got out of bed at around 10:15 this morning. Some people would probably say I slept too long which is why i'm still tired..but who knows, I don't know how well I slept. LauraSue: my ice pack for my head melted so i woke up in a puddle of water..lol! (the reusable kind was used up earlier in the day)
Jen: I had that breathing thing on my stomach twice in the middle of the night! I thought it only happened on my back!
Anyhow, at least I got some sleep! And no D this morning, so far!!! Coincidence?

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#72409 - 05/22/04 10:53 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yay, Tara! 11 hours is NOT too long when you need it! I was regularly sleeping 11 or even 12 hours every night last year until I got caught up. I still sleep at least 9 or 10 hours a night.

Yeah, waking up not refreshed is a problem. You might actually want to put that on your list for your nice doctor. Funny about your icepack! And totally NOT coincidence that you got lots of sleep and your tummy's better this morning!! Maybe getting enough sleep is the BEST treatment for IBS??!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#72423 - 05/22/04 11:22 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Quote:

Yeah, waking up not refreshed is a problem. You might actually want to put that on your list for your nice doctor.

Yes, I believe I'm going to. Or at least about the extreme tiredness. Like having to hold myself up on an Advil fixture in the pharmacy or on a grocery cart, or just being so exhausted. I understand there's not really much that can be done and it will get better over time and who even knows what it is? But I need to give a whole picture instead of just "i'm tired." I told my parents how if i hadn't experienced this it would sound ridiculous to me, and I think they maybe understood then. BTW, LS...can migraines cause you to like not be able to move barely for like a few days to a week?

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#72458 - 05/22/04 02:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Migraines are a neurological disease that affects the whole body not just a headache so it's certainly possible. Why don't you go do some research on about.com. There's a lot of good stuff there.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Shaky dreams new
      #72489 - 05/22/04 07:47 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Jen, I take sleep meds, and I have for years. I've had to change many times because like so many other meds I became immune to them.

Right now, I take Ativan, a very low dose. I think it actually helps with some of my pain. Like everything else it is addictive, I really do not care. If I dont take it,I will never go to sleep, I lay down so tired, but my brain will not shut off. I figure it is better to sleep than to be awake. Hope this helps. gayla

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3875

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review