All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Gas from stress! Help!!!
      #71846 - 05/20/04 07:20 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi everyone! If you read my post yesterday, you will understand the total explosion of my gut. I am not able to eat, I just cannot get it to my mouth, muchless down my throat. The thought of food makes me want to gag.

I am also suffering from terrible gas, I know it is from the stress. I can feel it moving around in my gut. I suffer from it on a regular basis, I take Hyosyamine, 1 tab a day. Maybe I should be taking more?
I may as well be drinking water, I havent had the fennel tea, I love it, but the fragrance is keeping me from drinking it.

I am so worried the direction this is going to take my IBS, I am tired and confused. I ate rice several times yesterday,I made myself eat it, the gas is getting worse. I want so badly to get out of the house today, I am afraid of standing in the checkout line and blowing everyone away.

I didnt sleep well last night, but I usually dont. Last night was worse than most. I had no problems going to sleep, I awoke with extreme anxiety. I am calling my doc (psych) for an appt. asap.

I am trying to drink some Sleepytime tea right now, but I really dont want it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks friends!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas from stress! Help!!! new
      #71857 - 05/20/04 07:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try the fennel with dried lavender - it makes it smell and taste a lot better and can only help.

Also, some yoga might help. Sounds like you could do with some meditation right now!

Re: That does sound good Linz new
      #72061 - 05/20/04 10:28 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Meditation, I need to go back to that place and bring it back into my life! Thanks Linz!!

Re: Gigi new
      #72069 - 05/20/04 11:39 PM
bevp

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: Brisbane Australia

So sorry to hear you are so ill. This won't help short term, but have you tried the hypno tapes. They are wonderfully calming and peaceful and healing - just like a daily meditation, only I believe better.

#72071 - 05/21/04 12:34 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

I'd just like to add I totally feel your pain. I have a huge problem with stress giving me gas that leads to some bad attacks. Heck, Im having one small one now as I write this(well, not RIGHT now )because I've been kinda stressed for a few days and even though Ive been trying to settle down, it gets kind of hard (and the fact that there is so much going on I havent gotten to my hypno CDs yet is adding to the frustration) at times. And the attacks usually hit at night, rocking me from my sleep and sending me to a nice night of constant bathroom visitations and lack of sleep (which doesnt help the IBS either)

Hopefully you find your trick to controlling yourself, and by extension, your IBS. I keep looking into things to help my gas. I do Beano sometimes and GasX almost every morning(when its worst), but they dont always help enough. So I try steady breating, some Yoga when I can, positive thinking, and praying. Anything to focus on ANYTHING BUT my guts and my gas and my IBS and any other problems in my life.

And there's plenty of people here who will always be around to talk, because that ALWAYS helps me some when it gets too much sometimes.

Good luck!

#72073 - 05/21/04 01:51 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

sorry you are not feeling will.AS YOU CAN SEE IT IS 1;03 AM AN i CAN NOT SLEEP.BUT THAT IS NOTHING KNEW FOR ME,I don,t sleep very good any how .I have had a very bad day or two.not only with my IBS.but I have arthritis,diabetic,high blood,acid reflux an a knotted twisted colon,had my gall
Bladder out.so when you get to be my age you start to fail apart.but I do love to talk to someone.an no one wants to talk to me.yes you can get gas from stress very bad gas,I have been liveing on fish,chicken,rice for over a year,just now starting to but some veg.in my food.a little not a lot.because if I eat to much I end up in the bath room.you know sometimes when I get to feeling bad I keep telling
myself.self you are not going to get sick an I will say that over an over mostly when I,m in the car I get very car sick.an you know it works I think it is mine over matter.
try an get a good night sleep.don,t eat any thing before bed
about 2 hours before bed stop eating.an if you have to take 2 Tylenol Extra Strength.before bed.listen to this old grandma.one thing is very good take a warm bath just relax
closs your eyes but don,t fail asleep like I do.or if you have a heating pad use it.then if that don,t work come back to the computer an write to me I,m usely on. Gerry 10
PS don,t use the heating pad in the bath tub or you will be sorry lol.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#72074 - 05/21/04 02:18 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

hi gigi just get on your computer an talk there is always someone there,or just talk to your self.it makes me feel so good to know when I can,t sleep I can talk to someone because I know there is someone out there.an when I,m hurting I know you girls are out there fore me.people who don,t have IBS,diabetic,MS,high blood.acid reflux,an arthritis just don,t know what we go thru.I,m just starting to go back out to eat.I have a little place down the street an they are so good to me fix me just about any thing I want.honey try some dry or toast bread.just little bits at a time.sorry you are so sick. Gerry 10

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#72075 - 05/21/04 02:22 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

I agree 100% It always feels good to talk. Even if no one responds, getting it out is whats important. I know it moight sound bad, but to hear that others have the same problems make you feel less alone with them and oddly comforted by it. I mean, I wish IBS didnt exist, but it makes some of the trouble worth it to know you people.
Hope that sounded right.

#72089 - 05/21/04 06:06 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Gigi,

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I get gas a lot, too, due to stress. I have anxiety and panic attacks and I am on Librax to help the anxiety and relax the stomach.Take one 30 minutes before you eat. Also, Xanax to help in severe panic attacks. OTC Phazyme helps with my gas most of the time. You might ask your doctor about these or any other meds that might help your anxiety.

It really does help to talk about it, doesn't it??

Barbie

--------------------

#72277 - 05/21/04 02:24 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Aww, sweetie. I feel terrible for you. I also hate the taste of fennel. I plug my nose and drink it down and try not to gag. Seriously. It does help if you can get it down. Peppermint I find helps as much as the fennel. Give it a try - it also relieves pain, which also accompanies bad gas as I'm sure you know.
For gas, there are amazing yoga poses that you can do to relieve the symptoms. Go visit the yoga board and they'll be happy to help. Seriously - the one with the knee to the gut works like a charm for me - clear the room!!!! tee hee.
I would seriously consider yoga and walking at this point - which also help gas. Try a short 10 minute walk after eating - this can stave off gas before it gets started. And the yoga works many wonders.
Hang in there,
Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1043 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review