All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: ATTN all Bloaters! new
      #7366 - 04/25/03 05:49 PM
JJ

Reged: 02/16/03

I hate to say this, but I'm glad I'm not alone with the bloating and having my belly look like I'm 4 months pregnant! I did a little digging and found that there is a medical difference between bloating and distention. Bloating is just feeling larger than normal, but distention is when the belly is actually larger than normal. Here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.medicinenet.com/Intestinal_Gas_Belching_Bloating_Flatulence/page1.htm

I haven't found anything that works for distention except doing some yoga (light workout) and relaxing.

JJ

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: have a question... new
      #7367 - 04/25/03 05:55 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

The more gas I can get to come out, the more it helps with the pain. There are days I just can't get it to go anywhere though . Anyways, the fact that you can pass it I think is a good sign.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Back pain with gas new
      #7393 - 04/25/03 09:51 PM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I also get the pain in my lower back. Usually it feels like it has been really badly bruised and is quite uncomfortable! I try to stretch out sometimes, but that can end up in cramps. I also try to lye straight on the floor for a while. ANy tips?

Re: Drinking water new
      #7394 - 04/25/03 10:09 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

HI; Do you suppose that water weight gain could be a problem for losing weight, because Heather says water is supposed to HELP you LOSE weight?

Re: Drinking water new
      #7407 - 04/26/03 05:53 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

See our bodies will retain water. As our bodies hold onto that water toxins can set in. We normally sweat out any extra water that our bodies retain and it will hold to that water unless we drink extra. Water added with soluble fiber will line our intestinal tracts and make food easier to slip through Water is the key to good digestion along with soluble fiber. I have read as much as possible about what water can do for the body. All I drink anymore is water and tea.

Re: ATTN all Bloaters! new
      #7408 - 04/26/03 06:00 AM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

I get that too, but only if I a) eat too late at night, b) eat something that causes me to have gas. At first I thought it was in my mind, but I measured my belly and it was one inch bigger! Next morning, that inch was gone.

I'm also IBS-D!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

Re: Tip new
      #7457 - 04/26/03 02:59 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I find the best thing to help me is lying with my legs over a chair. (I posted some info on this on the yoga board)

Also wind pose is good. (lying on back with both knees hugged in to the chest.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Charcoal tabs? new
      #7756 - 04/28/03 07:08 PM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

What are charcoal tablets for? I have horrible bloating. My stomach gets really hard right after I eat, and it really looks like I'm having a baby. I drink at least 64 ounces a day, (usually 96 ounces) but this still happens. Does the Charcoal tablets keep your stomach from puffing up like a ball? I'll try anything.
canyontinsley

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6771

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review