Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Calling all WALKERS new
      #7785 - 04/29/03 06:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sperry Twiggins,

I feel like I've misled you!!!!!!!!!! My GOAL is to walk 3 miles in 30 mins. right now I do it in about 40 mins. Sorry bout' that!

Thanks for all the great advice! I think I'm gonna have to look intp the right shoes for my feet/walk...yesterday my foot kept curling up...wow, what a pain I got! So thanks again for that great advice!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#7802 - 04/29/03 08:14 AM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Not mislead at all. You're still faster than me, and I'm faster than my husband and some of my pals.

When someone calls you a goddess, just smile and say, "thank you." That's what I always do. I mean that's what I would do.;)

sperry_twiggins

#7846 - 04/29/03 12:43 PM
Snow for Sarala

Sperry Twiggins,

Thanks, you're so sweet! I guess I just didn't feel right taking a compliment unless it was due

How often do you get to go backpacking? Do you any other sports? Hiking is fun--but we don'tg et to do that too many months out of the year here on the East Coast...too cold!

Hope you're having a GREAT Tuesday!!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7897 - 04/29/03 08:04 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Hi Ruchie,

Frankly, it was *&^%^&* cold last year on our backpacking trip during the summer. We were at about 9000' for a day or two, above timberline, and the wind came screaming up the mountain all night. Every year, I forget how awful it is and plan my next backpacking adventure for the summer.

We do hike (day hike) year-round, but in the Northwest, one must always carry Gore-tex. We are lucky around here to have many trails at lower elevations so that we don't have to wait for the snow to melt.

Yes, I do other sports, but I think hiking is my favorite. Is walking your favorite? Do you miss running?

sperry_twiggins

#7914 - 04/30/03 04:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Sperry Twiggins,

I've actually never been backpacking (or camping) before! My hubby and I are trying to find the time to take off from work to at least go camping. I'm not so sure what my favorite sport is. I DO miss running--sometimes I have the urge to just start running during my walks--but I know it's not a good idea. Walking isn't so bad...and as long as I am competing against myself, I'm happy. LOL How did you get into hiking? What do you love about it so much? I like the challenge--esp. conquering my fear of heights! I also LOVE the scenery!

Happy Wednesday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1613 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1958

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review