All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going to Israel...can I bring food?
      #71367 - 05/18/04 08:27 AM
starimpaler

Reged: 05/11/04

Hello y'all. I have IBS C with gas and bloating and will be going on a free trip to Israel in August. I was just wondering how I can go about sharing a room with other, eating on the trip and if I should bring any food. Fortunately, I don't have problems with IBS D, but I'm still paranoid about the trip. Can you please give me some advice? Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to Israel...can I bring food? new
      #71445 - 05/18/04 01:57 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

I've never been to Israel, but my first Q for you is whether you'll be staying anywhere where they keep kosher -- that could impact your ability to bring in certain kinds of foods.

#71479 - 05/18/04 04:09 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

There is nothing worse that traveling while constipated! I would take a box of "Smooth Move Tea" by Traditional Medicinals which you can find in some grocery stores and nearly EVERY natural food store.

The last time I traveled, I drank lots of herbal tea...even ate some things I shouldn't have (spared by the GRACE of GOD I am sure!) and suffered very little. I give credit to drinking plenty of tea. Traditional Medicinals has a flavor called "Eaters Digest" that has peppermint and fennel in it as well as peppermint tea...all packaged in tidy little individual tea bags which is convenient for travel.

Wishing you safe travels!

#71574 - 05/19/04 07:43 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

From what I remember from my dad's and bubee's trips to Israel, you can easily get loads of bagels and smoked fish at breakfast. Hmm, I'd be thinking about sneaking out a bagel or two for snacks later in the day...

I'm less sure about what your lunch and dinner options might be, but it shouldn't be too hard to find hummous and pita in any casual restaurants.

Have you looked for any current travel books or online guides? I know that I was able to scout out a lot of my eating options abroad from Lonely Planet guides both online and in their books.

--AC (haven't been further east than Hungary, the anti-IBS capital of the world )

I'll be in Israel-but in July new
      #71605 - 05/19/04 09:27 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

I'll be in Israel in July- but my question is about Acacia. Should I keep it in the bag....put it in another container? It looks awfully suspicious- white, tasteless powder- the last thing you'd want is a security check??? Anyone else ever travel internationally with hte Acacia powder?

Thanks

#71606 - 05/19/04 09:28 AM
starimpaler

Reged: 05/11/04

LOL...you are so funny. My only goal on this trip is to not cause an evacuation of the bus because of my gas. In simple terms...I don't want to pass gas while on the trip. I'll be willing to eat anything that helps prevent this.

#77870 - 06/10/04 08:35 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I just was diagnosed and found this website. Hope it is not to late for this reply. I went to Israel in 2000. It was a great trip and would go back in a minute. I am from the US and found it to be very Americanized in term of restaurants, shops ect. (though I was not diagnosed and was not looking for particular foods) What I found here - is also there. I was mostly in the tourist areas and not in the remote areas of the country. Hope this helps. Anne

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3039 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review