All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how long do you follow the diet when you can't eat anything
      #71212 - 05/17/04 05:45 PM
Rocketqueen

Reged: 05/10/04
Loc: Montréal

Hi, I have bad attacks and constipation for weeks now... I always follow the diet strictly (for years now). This morning, I started the diet: what to eat when you can't eat anything.

For how long should I follow it? It's my first day and I don't really feel better. I have pain everytime I eat. On the site, they say to follow it for a few days. How long is a few days?? I miss my protein, almond butter,... Also, I don't want to lose weight sonce i'm already 20lbs underweight... Help!!!
I'm confused...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how long do you follow the diet when you can't eat anything new
      #71213 - 05/17/04 05:51 PM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

Hi!!!

When I am having a crisis, I stick to bread and bananas, rice, chicken breasts, potatoes and carrots until I really feel like I want to eat something else...

I know how you feel, when I have a crisis, I realize how lucky I am the rest of the year!!

I think your body tells you when it's okay to start eating more... I really don't know if that helps, but that how I do it...

salut!!!

--------------------

Chantale

#71225 - 05/17/04 06:15 PM
Rocketqueen

Hi, thank you for your answer. What you suggested looks like what I often do (minus the almond butter ot sunflower or cashews butter that I usually have in the morning.) I always have nuts butter in the morning (but not peanut butter since it is a trigger for me) Maybe the other nuts butter is not a good idea when I don't feel good. The problem is that I usually feel good in the morning. It is in the evening that I have more problems...

For 2 days now, I'm following the gluten-free diet suggested by my naturopathe... I hope to see a difference!!!
I need to feel encouraged!! The pain, bloating and constipation are so bad!! At least, I don't have gas since on the gluten-free diet!!

#71289 - 05/18/04 03:58 AM
Rocketqueen

Hi everyone, i'm on the day 2 of the diet: what to eat when you can't eat anything. I thing that i'm started to see a difference. The pain is a little bit less intense... but i'm still constipated.

I'm scared to introduce other food items. How long should I wait. I thought another day or 2. If i'm 4 days on this diet, is it too long? i miss protein and fat in my diet...

Also Here is a post that I sent...
Quote:

Hi, I never was able to take soluble fiber supplements (even in really small amounts)... It always increased the pain and the bloating... Even my naturopath who aften suggests soluble fiber supplement told me that it's won't be a good idea for me (not for now)...

Therefore, my naturopathe suggested to soak flaxseeds in water for hours. After, to strain them and to drink the water... This way I only have the soluble part of the flaxseed... She told me that it is a gentle way to add soluble fiber. She even use this method with babies who suffer from constipation.

I want to know what people think of this method of adding soluble fiber? Since i'm not able to take soluble fiber supplements for now, can it replace a supplement?

I'm confused
Byebye!!! Have a good day everyone!!!

#71296 - 05/18/04 05:17 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I don't think four days is too long. You've got to listen to your body and see what it can take. If you think you can, add a bit of nut butter to your toast and see how it goes. You could also try introducing chicken or turkey. And if it doesn't go well, then return to the basics. Have you tried the flaxseed thing? (Sorry I don't know anything about that)
I know this is frustrating! Not to mention painful....Hang in there!

--------------------
--Julie

#71297 - 05/18/04 05:28 AM
Rocketqueen

Hi!!! Thanks a lot for your answer and your encouragement!

Like you said, i'm going to listen to my body. Today, i knew that i couldn't eat nut butter... i knew it would hurt. I'm going to propably start with chicken in a day or two. And i'll see how I feel!

Yes I'm triing the flaxseed soaked in water for 3 days now (i only drink the water which is soluble fiber) It caused me a lot of bloating and pain the first time because I took 2 tbsp... It was too much. Now i'm triing with 1 tsp 3 times par day. I have to look on the internet how much flaxseed I need to take to have about 10-12 grams of soluble fiber per day... I'm going to try to increase the amount until I reach enough soluble fiber.
Byebye!

#71812 - 05/20/04 04:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

After a day or two, try adding other foods back into your diet - slowly. Try someting mushy or well cooked. ie. carrots. The "can't eat anything" is just to give your tummy a break to calm down and regroup. It's not meant for long durations of time. Listen to your bod. Take it easy and slowly add other foods back in, making sure you keep up with your soluble fibre.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2402 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 923

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review