All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I was wondering...
      #70862 - 05/16/04 10:26 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Has anyone ever been constipated but then had diarrhea all at the same bathroom sitting? Is that possible? Wow..talk about painful! I just didn't know that that was possible. I know I alternate..but like..at the same time. Well..there's a perfect explanation because: This weekend I didn't get to strictly follow the diet b/c road trip to Los Angeles..why didn't I think that a middle-of-nowhere restaurant's idea of foccaccia would include cheese?! I brought my own snacks but my aunt was with us and I was trying to act normal and eat at the restaurant with everyone. Oh..I'm dumb. Thank goodness for the peppermint candies I just grabbed a big pawful of when we left (I was sick of the taste of 'em but..it helped the pain). And the bathroom...the music was playing loud in there..they must get a lot of people with IBS. Plus..good thing I was all the way in the back row in the car and the a/c was blowin' cause boy was I gassy. then..when we were in LA...we went to this restaurant that seriously thought that grilled meant sauteed bordering on fried and there was like no such thing as plain bread...it had to be dipped in butter. I just picked at what I could eat and enjoyed my cousins!!!!! It was still super fun. The worst moves were made by me (like opting for getting mylanta and immodium b/c the hotel store didn't have gasx or the immodium w/ the gas-relieving ingredient in it). I realized that mylanta is double icky cause not only does it give normal people issues..it has sorbitol in it. Ahhhhhhhhhh..silly me..but my main question..sorry for the rambling..has anyone had both at the same sitting? Okay..hopefully this post didn't sound negative cause I really enjoyed my family!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I was wondering... new
      #70888 - 05/16/04 01:04 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Tara,

I hope you didn't take that stuff with SORBITOL!!!!! YIKES!!!
I know the feeling of trying to eat at restaurants with people and picking at your food because there isn't anything that you can eat. I always hate when people tell me "no wonder you are so tiny, you eat like a bird"!!!!
Anyway, glad you had a good time on your trip.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: I was wondering... new
      #70892 - 05/16/04 01:13 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

Hi
Sorry all that had to put a damper on your trip but it seems like you enjoyed most of it. I can totally sympathize with you. I normally have D but there are times when I have a bad attack and I know its D but it almost feels like C because nothing happens for like a half an hour. I really hate that! So don't worry it does happen at times.

Tarabara! Welcome back! We missed you! Glad to hear you had fun, hon! -nt- new
      #70898 - 05/16/04 02:21 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 474

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review