All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cramps - where do they hurt?
      #70154 - 05/13/04 12:46 PM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

When you get an attack and you have bad cramps, do you usually feel it in your lower abdomom? I've had this cramp off and on for the past few days, and it almost feels like a menstrual cramp.

I felt fine this morning, then right before lunch I felt in coming on, then BAM.. after lunch it came back heavy again.

I ate what I normally eat. Does anyone else notice that if they get hungry and don't have anything to put in your belly for a little while, that a cramp can come on?

Thanks!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cramps - where do they hurt? new
      #70191 - 05/13/04 02:59 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I get the same kind of cramps. Although mine aren't really cramps, just a constant pain that lessons and worsens. I also have to make sure that I have something to eat. If I don't have anything in there, they're worse.

#70193 - 05/13/04 03:06 PM
chigal

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

Oh cramps -- how do I get them!!!! I notice them most when my water intake is below normal, when I eat too much insoluable fiber, and when I have acacia with water only (I'm OK when I mix it in with a smoothie). They usually are accompanied by nausea. They are usually in my lower left quadrant (LLQ), but sometimes they also travel across my belly. I'll be very happy when this set STOPS!

#70242 - 05/13/04 06:04 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Bethany,

i get those pains, too. in fact, when i got diagnosed last year, originally we thought i had a problem with ovarian cysts. sometimes the cramps are so bad i would just stop dead in my tracks and double over. what fun!

and as for the empty tummy--- yup. in fact that's one of Heather's Ten Commandments, i believe--- don't get an empty tummy. Heather advises some Equalactin at those times, if you just can't get to food. we should all get a sponsorship deal with Equalactin!

--------------------

#70249 - 05/13/04 06:25 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

yes, this happens to me especially if I stay up late reading and don't have a snack between dinner and bedtime. It's terrible and pretty sudden for me. It's funny, when I get them, I honestly crave bread and will take no substitutes! lol.
as for the cramp's location, I get them in the lower left too. also right under my sternum (things tend to get "stuck" there), but a little massage usually helps that.

--------------------
--Julie

#70403 - 05/14/04 10:04 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Thanks for the replies everyone! Of course I should have known I am not alone!! When I do get a cramp it seems to linger for several days like you said rosiechica. Today seems a little better so I am hoping by tomorrow it will be completely gone.

I think my biggest problem is that I LIKE food. So even if I am hurting I still want to eat a nice meal. Instead of a small plain bagel, I'll want to have a bagel with jam and peanut butter, some yogurt and maybe a few wheat thins!

I'm just still getting use to all this!!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review