All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Drugs, Drugs, Drugs
      #70076 - 05/13/04 09:12 AM
whit364

Reged: 05/13/04

I recently returned to my GI doc after a long break to try and get my IBS under control before my wedding - 30 days from today.
He believes that the current problems with the lack of effectiveness of Zelnorm is that the FDA is not recommending a high enough dose.
Therefore this is what he has me on.
AM: 1-2 Zelnorm and 2 phazyme tablets
PM: 1-2 Zelnorm and 2 phazyme tablets and one prevacid.
Bed: One Pepcid AC and Miralax only if needed.
I'm not really sure what to do now. I've been taking all of this and have felt nauseated and fatigued and often dizzy. I've tried aspects of the eating for IBS diet before with varying sucess.
Does anyone have comments on the amount of medications or what I could do to at least control all the gas by the wedding?
Thanks wrandolp@msn.com

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Drugs, Drugs, Drugs new
      #70078 - 05/13/04 09:18 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Congrats on the wedding! I'm getting married July 10 and I'm a little worried about how I'm going to feel on The Big Day.

I take xtra strength phazyme and fennel tea (strongly brewed) works great. I strongly suggest committing 100 percent to the EFI diet. If it worked for you in the past, why not give it another go? Have you talked to your doc about how your meds are making you feel?

Good luck! I'm sure more people will post here with helpful information.

--------------------
~jules

#70109 - 05/13/04 10:41 AM
whit364

Reged: 05/13/04

As far as handling wedding stress related tummy issues I strongly recommend yoga. It's the one consistent help I've found. I will go over the rules for IBS diet again and give it another shot.

READ THE FDA ZELNORM WARNING ON THIS SITE! new
      #70163 - 05/13/04 01:10 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Then order some acacia and peppermint tea and caps and toss the drugs! That doctor is trying to kill you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#70178 - 05/13/04 02:11 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I am not a dr. of course but I do have IBS-C and have been seeing my GI since December. I can tell you that I have gotten to normal with the drugs but it took at least 3-4 months. My dr. put me on..
Zelnorm - 1 in morning 20 min. before breakfast and 1 at night 20 min. before dinner.
Colace - 2 a day then she upped it to 4 a day.
Milk of Mag. - 2 tablespoons every night. Then she had me take 1 tablespoon every night and then none at all.
My dr. says that I could be on zelnorm for 2 years and that I will be on colace for the rest of my life. She has already started to lessen my zelnorm dosage to 1 1/2 per day instead of 2. I think maybe your dr. is over medicating you a bit. When you are as backed up as I was, it takes a lot but if you are feeling sick..something isn't right. Call your dr. and let them know how you feel and good luck!

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 728

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review