All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
italian ices???
      #69912 - 05/12/04 04:12 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Hey everyone, today (since it was so very hot!!), I went to an ice shop and got a vanilla chip italian ice. I didn't get sick from it, I think it just made me a little bloated but my stomach was better today than usual. I was just wondering if italian ices ok to have cause now Im gonna want one all the time- It was soo good!!?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: italian ices??? new
      #69921 - 05/12/04 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I would think that there would be dairy in vanilla chip like heavy cream or ice cream, therefore I would stay clear of them.

Do you know what they are made of?

Is there an option for water ice? like strawberry, grape....fruits etc rather then a desert type? That might be the ticket?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (05/12/04 04:33 PM)

#69924 - 05/12/04 04:34 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I've never heard of italian ices like vanilla chip, but I have had watermelon, sour apple, cherry, and lemon with no problems. I've checked the ingredients and the only thing that may bother you is corn syrup. I had one last night though with no problem

--------------------

#69933 - 05/12/04 04:46 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

I love Gilato (sp?) it the Italian version of ice cream (note last name Laurendi). They shouldn't have dairy in them and they come in fantastic flavors. Plus they are low in fat compared to regular ice cream. My favorite is Lemon of course.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Re: italian ices??? where do you get them at new
      #70011 - 05/12/04 11:23 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

hi everyone. where are theses italion ices at? jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: italian ices??? where do you get them at new
      #70012 - 05/12/04 11:54 PM
Jasmine

Reged: 05/12/04

hi, i am Jasmine... i am new to all of this message bored thing... was never really my thing... but only Yesterday, i was told i had IBS... i am 17 years old (turning 18)... i am so scared, cos it hurts so much... i never knew what IBS was until now (that i have it)... i love chocolate and high fat food... so i am going to have to cut down... i have also been put under alot of stress, so the pains are pretty bad atm...

love jasmine xoox

#70015 - 05/13/04 03:26 AM
Rocketqueen

Reged: 05/10/04
Loc: Montréal

Hi, I don't know if it's safe since it's a cold food... I noticed that I have more pain if I eat ice cold foods (even if the ingredients in the products are safe)!!

Anyone having the same problem?

So I stay away from cold food/drink. I even drink water at room temperature or hot (herbal tea)... It helps a lot for me!!!
Ciao!!!

#70018 - 05/13/04 05:11 AM
Janice B

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: New Jersey

In New Jersey we have this Italian Ice place called "Rita's Italian Ice" and they are so good. I do find that the Cherry tends to bother me but I'm fine with the Mango. They have lots of flavors but Mango is my favorite. I don't think there in every state but check their website www.ritasice.com.

--------------------
Janice B

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3764 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review