All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Drinks
      #68465 - 05/07/04 06:35 AM
stateskater23

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Michigan

I've been drinking a lot of hot black tea with sweet and low and a tiny bit of milk. I ran out of Chamomile and don't like the peppermint tea that I bought from the store. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone tried Chai tea? I tried Chai Amore made with water and I got bloated and a burning stomach. But, I have no idea why that reaction occured. I even added Benefiber to it and had a banana with it.

--------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Drinks new
      #68488 - 05/07/04 07:56 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Wow, that doesn't sound like a good drink! Black tea has caffeine in it (unless you buy the specially decaffeinated stuff), sweet and low is an artificial sweetener and is just not good for you and dairy milk is so bad for IBS!

Not sure which one the Amore is, but if it had Ginger in it, that could be the culprit - you have to avoid it if you have heartburn/GERDs.

Go buy more Chamomile Tea!

#68505 - 05/07/04 09:47 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

It sounds like you having trouble getting into the taste of tea! I'm having the same problem, and am getting through it by buying blended herb tea bags from the health food store, they taste better than one plain tea. I drink one called Stomach Ease by Yogi teas. It has fennel, egyptian licorice, cardamom, ginger root, etc. It took a couple trys to get used to it, now I can't live a day without it! Also you could try putting some honey in your camomile to make it taste better, I haven't tried it but I have read that other people love it!

--------------------
-Sheri

#68523 - 05/07/04 10:44 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Get decaffienated tea earl grey it's like black tea and add a little honey or flavored vanilla rice or soy milk.
Try roastaroma by celestrial seasonings too. I make peppermint and chamomile a a cool drink also not just hot.
The peppermint gives it a cool taste I don't need any honey or sugar. Experiment with different teas, like I love lemon by Biglow or passion peach by celestrial seasonings.
Me too at first hed to get use to the chamge of the old plain tea like lipton too these new herbal ones, now I perfer them hands down.

#68528 - 05/07/04 11:11 AM
stateskater23

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks for the suggestions! I never thought about checking to see if there's ginger in the chai, but I bet there is. Lemon tea sounds good.

--------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3506 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review