All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
brand of vitamins
      #67867 - 05/05/04 12:33 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Anyone have luck with a certain brand of vitamins that is easy on the tummy? Please share. I tried to do a search but couldn't find answers, if this topic has been addressed please tell me what to search under. Tried vitamins, vitamin brands. Did read the info in the newsletter, just wanted to see if anyone prefered one to another.

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: brand of vitamins new
      #67871 - 05/05/04 12:45 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Hi. I asked about this a while back but I asked about multivitamin which was probably why you couldn't find it in your search, so here's the link I just use a vitamin I found at the health food store and I cut it into thirds and I take each third with my biggest snack/meal throughout the day. I don't seem to get problems. Hope this helps! Good luck!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#67911 - 05/05/04 02:17 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I had been taking Walgreen's Super Aytinal multi vitamins for several years with no problems. I checked the label before I bought it back then and it didn't have anything that was a trigger for me. I was so happy that I finally found a vitamin that agreed with me....but the last few weeks I started having stomach cramping and diarrea and ran myself crazy trying to find out what was causing it. At first I didn't think it was the vitamins because I had taken them for so long with no problems but I checked the label anyway.
GOOD THING because they have added more iron(138% of daily dose) and also mannitol which is a big trigger for me. I was so mad that they would change the ingredients without noting it on the label. Anyway, I quit the vitamins and am doing a lot better but now have the hard task of finding another vitamin.

Barbie

--------------------

#67913 - 05/05/04 02:22 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I just asked my doctor this question last week. She said I should take a children's multi vitamin twice a day because it should be easiest on my tummy. I need the kind with iron because my iron is quite low - but she said if my iron came back okay get the kind without iron.

I have looked a few places and they have whey or fructose syrup in them. So I continue to search!

Leigh

Leigh, just saw the pup in the sandal! LOL! -nt- new
      #67934 - 05/05/04 03:06 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#68068 - 05/06/04 06:15 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Gr8ful!

How adorable!! I LOVE the pictures you have! They are the absolute CUTEST EVER!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 630

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review