All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Top Ramen
      #67074 - 05/03/04 01:13 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Does anyone on here ever eat Top Ramen? I was just thinking about them but I didnt have any in my pantry to look at the ingredients. I was thinking they probably have eggs but not sure.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Top Ramen new
      #67079 - 05/03/04 01:20 PM
Katy6170

Reged: 03/31/04
Loc: New Jersey

I think the noodles are fried, because there is like 14 grams of fat in one of those packets. I hated having to take those out of my diet, but they make me hurt!

#67083 - 05/03/04 01:32 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Ramen noodles unfortunately are not very good for you. Each package contains about 1560 mg of sodium. To remove the water and form them into blocks, they are deep fried in palm oil which is about the most saturated fat there is. Look in your local Asian food store, though, and you may find some that are baked or freeze dried without the oil. Check the ingredients--about 720 different varieties/flavors of ramen are available. For what it's worth, the average Japanese eats about 45 packages a year and, other than sumo wrestlers, ain't too many of them chubby.
web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#67130 - 05/03/04 03:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I used to love them, but the MSG started bothering me (it may be hidden under another name in the ingredients but it's there!)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#67152 - 05/03/04 05:11 PM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

Here's a shocker-I love them too, so I just took a look at the label on Cup of Noodles. Not only is there MSG, but also lactose! I definitely learned something today! However, there are alternatives at the health food store as far as instant soup type of things. I think one brand is Fantastic Foods. I know they have low sodium varieties. You can check it out.

--------------------

#67217 - 05/04/04 06:03 AM
JosephC

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: Kansas City

Yea, when I saw how much fat was in those, I ran far away! I used to love them just as a quick lunch, but the pain far outweighs that anymore. I remember when I first started having attacks and ate those-I might have avoided the painful afternoons at time if I had known then what I do now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7839 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1531

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review