#6859 - 04/22/03 09:52 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Sarah,

Firstly,
Welcome to the board!
Secondly,
I know exactly where you are coming from when talking about 2 year olds. My son, Harrison, was 2 last December. There sure is something about the guilt you feel over lost time you would rather spend playing with them, taking them to the park etc rather than dealing with pain and illness all the time.

Sometimes Harry is my absolute saviour. I can be completely down and miserable when he says something funny, or says "love you Mummy" or "some medi to make Mummy feel better". He even brings me my heat pack when I have a pain! It's then that things get back into perspective for me.

Don't get me wrong, if there is ever a cure for this condition I'll be the first one to sell the shirt off my back to get it, but I guess we have to look a little harder for the silver lining than some others.

Anyway,
you'll get heaps of support here and having Heather's books is a good step in the right direction.

All the best,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sarah- Blood Pressure new
      #6863 - 04/23/03 04:09 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

According my doc, sarah, the blood pressure thing is "nothing to be concerned about" He said lots of people get this and you just have to get up more slowly,drink plenty of water, and make sure you get plenty of salt of your diet. I have actually passed out because the dizziness got so severe on a number of occasions, but the doc thought nothing of it

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: New, Please Help! new
      #6865 - 04/23/03 05:03 AM
joylyn44

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Ohio

Sarah,

I too had my gallbladder removed, but my symptoms started back again in a few weeks. I was told my gallbladder was only functioning 8% and they said anything below 36% is not good, so I probably needed it out anyway, but sure hated to go through surgery and then still feel bad. Anyway, I too had several other tests run because the doctors thought it could be pancreatitis because my pancreatic enzymes were elevated, but after all tests came back normal, my doctor told me that vomitting can make the enzymes go up and I was doing that. I have IBS D&C, so there's really no meds out there right now for me, but my gastronologist told me that anti-depressants sometimes help better than the meds do. I've been on Wellbutrin for about 6 months now and have never had a bad flare-up since I started taking it. I'm a believer that it really does help IBS or it does help mine anyway. Hopefully you will see an improvement soon. Just wanted to share that info with you.

Hope you have better days ahead~
Joy

Re: New, Please Help! - Thank You! new
      #6878 - 04/23/03 08:00 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

SarahB - thanx for the explanation. My doc never even mentioned this to me, but I guess the stones spoke for themselves (via pain!!)

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6898 - 04/23/03 09:24 AM
Lisa37

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Trinidad & Tobago

Hi. What anti-depressant are you on? Can you eat "normal" foods too? My IBS-C still occurs even tho' I follow the diet.

Thanks! Lisa.

Re: Sarah- Blood Pressure new
      #6939 - 04/23/03 01:22 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

My doc said the same thing--she said I'll live longer than those with high blood pressure, as long as I don't crack my head open falling out of bed one morning! At least for me, my low blood pressure symptoms have improved with age. That is, my blood pressure is still low, but I don't pass out from it anymore like I did in middle and high school.

#6999 - 04/23/03 05:03 PM
SarahB

Reged: 03/18/03
Loc: Cortland, New York

Lisa – I am on Wellbutrin. I have only been taking it for a little over a week so I am not sure if it is helping yet. I have heard that it may be helpful for IBS so we will see.

I am not quite sure what you mean by normal foods. Do you mean foods that are not in Heather's book. I do eat some things that aren't in her book but it is all trial and error.

Sarah

Re: TessLouise new
      #7001 - 04/23/03 05:08 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Amelia,
I havnt "Passed out" in a long time, lol. so thats good.. I just wanted to thank you for lettin' me know that this has happened to you too. It makes me feel so... so not alone! Thanks again ((HUGS)) It really means alot to me that I can relate to others.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: New, Please Help! - Thank You! new
      #7003 - 04/23/03 05:09 PM
SarahB

Reged: 03/18/03
Loc: Cortland, New York

Kerrie,

I know what you mean about a two year old be you savior. Sometimes my son is so companionate even at that age.

I wanted to tell you that besides IBS and 2 year olds we have a third thing in common. My son who was 2 in November is also named Harrison. I though that it was funny that you son has the same name. Harrison is still a pretty rare name.

Sarah

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3982 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review