Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
burping/bloat question...
      #66019 - 04/29/04 03:05 PM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

hello. i have a question...
i just drank some orange & spice decaf tea and now i'm burping and feel somewhat bloated and even feel like i need to go to the bathroom (#2). i ate lunch about 4 hours ago, so i can't imagine it'd be from that. for lunch i had veggie soup with pasta in it and some sourdough bread, but felt fine after eating it.
burping has always been my main symptom...it's like i get real bloated in my stomach and throat and have to burp and it can go on for hours...it's continuous, like i just have to get "it" out of me or i'm gonna blow up! it ends up giving me a headach, dry mouth, and makes me feel like crap. i've read a lot of posts that talk about bloating, but does anyone have bloating like this, that makes them burp a lot? i've been following the diet pretty closely...although i have slipped a little here and there, but for the most part been eating safe foods and feeling pretty good. then when i get these symptoms from out of nowhere it weirds me out. i didn't feel crappy until after i drank the tea. could it have triggered something i ate at lunch...since my soup had cooked veggies in it?
please help!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: burping/bloat question... new
      #66024 - 04/29/04 03:15 PM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

ok...i just tried to go to the bathroom but now realize that i'm constipated...even though i've already gone to the bathroom twice today but couldn't get it all out either time (sorry so graphic). so now nothing will come out. my throat is started to ache too...which happens sometimes. could all of this be from the constipation? like the constant burping? when i say it's constant burping it's because i make myself burp. i try not to but i just have to cause whatever it is needs to be released...atleast that's what it makes me feel like. i just want to find out what triggered this "attack" because it seems so random to me.
any thoughts???

#66028 - 04/29/04 03:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sounds like you might have GERDs - has your doctor done any upper GI work? Burping and getting a sore throat from burping (that darn acid! ) are symptoms of this.

Plus, ginger will trigger GERDs - I can't touch the stuff without burping up bile for ages afterwards!

I have the same gas that you're talking.. new
      #66057 - 04/29/04 04:30 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

about - burping like it's never going to stop. i had an "attack" like that yesterday. it started at around 3 in the afternoon and it didn't go away until about 11 p.m. after my hot bath and fennel tea. i'm not sure why it happens though so i can't help with that - i can only tell you that this happens to me ALL THE TIME and i know how you feel - hope you feel better!

i found the fennel tea helped (tons of it) and gas pills called "Oval" helped the gas too.

i'm wondering if the tea you had was "decaf" in the sense that it was black tea that had been decaffinated - if it was it may have had some caffiene in it.

ana

#66195 - 04/30/04 06:13 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

JJR,
I have had the same problem burping so bad I felt like a balloon. I posted some threads. I was real sick in March. drank the fennel tea did yoga etc. changed meds and am now on Maxaran and Pantaloc. Now Pantaloc is for heartburn yes but works for the bloating and gas too. hang in there talk to a different doc if need be. I had to.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

#66204 - 04/30/04 06:26 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

I do know from ebing in the hospital that forcing yourself to burp dont work. That kinda gas is not the same as the kind treated with Gas-x. i do know from experience. I am telling u I feel for you I suffered so bad. I did take gas-x but all that does is localize the gas to "help" get it out. trial and error dont give up really do some yoga it helps.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Nevermind about the question about meds Shirl - got it here - tx-nt new
      #66231 - 04/30/04 07:43 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 747

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review