All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Celiac Disease
      #65853 - 04/29/04 05:53 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Hi everyone, I am new to the boards. My name is Tommy and I am 28 year male from Queens, NYC. I was diagnosed with IBS-D 2 years ago after all my tests came back "normal." Since I have recently found a GI is quite understanding he has come back with an interesting dilemma. He took some blood and tested for Celiac Disease. My score was 35 which indicates a positive result, however my GI informed me that my endoscopy done two years ago by another Dr indicated no presence of that disease (the other Dr. biopsied my stomach). My current Dr. doesn't want to scope me again but do you think I shoudl press him to do this? He just gave me Pamine Forte and sent me on my merry way. The Pamine has worked but if I do have this disease I want to know. BTW, I have done my research on Celiac and do know the symptoms mirror IBS.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Celiac Disease new
      #65856 - 04/29/04 06:15 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Hi,

Which score was 35? Was it IGG, IGA or EMA? I had a negative scope as well but my IGG was 59.2. The others were in the normal range. I still am not 100% sure if I have celiac or not.

Were you consuming wheat/gluten at the time of your scope?

Have you checked out www.celiac.com? It is a very informative site.

#65857 - 04/29/04 06:20 AM
TommyNY

It was the gliadin score that was high. The others were normal. At the time of my scope which was over two years ago, I would have to say no, I was not eating a lot of gluten. I'd say I am eating more now than ever. Thanks for the website!

--------------------

#65867 - 04/29/04 06:52 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

glad you got the celiac.com site. it's a good site and very helpful.

i think you should have another endoscopy and biopsy, as from what i've read that's the only way to definitively diagnose celiac sprue ("definitively" being used loosely here as it always should be when dealing with doctors!)

good luck!

--------------------

#65872 - 04/29/04 07:04 AM
TommyNY

Yes, from reading everything on that site,I have to agree with you. I have to check in with my Dr. next week so I will talk to him about it. Thanks for everyone's input. I appreciate it.

--------------------

#65884 - 04/29/04 07:26 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Just wanted to say welcome!! Nice to have another New Yorker around (I live in Manhattan, used to work in Queens).

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1274

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review