All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about Lactulose
      #64959 - 04/26/04 07:28 PM
itsnotfair123

Reged: 04/23/04

Lactulose has lactose and it hurts me. I'm still going to take it, because it might help... But is Lactulose sugar?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Lactulose new
      #64997 - 04/27/04 05:55 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

why would you take something that has a trigger in it? if a product you are consuming has lactose in it, it's not going to help you if lactose is a trigger for you. if you are taking things like this or eating foods that are triggers, you are not following Heather's recommendations. this means you're not going to see improvements... aren't there other products that can help with constipation that don't have lactose in them?

generally speaking, if you see "ose" at the end of a food or food product you can guess it's going to be a sugar or treated as a sugar by the body.

yes, lactulose is a chemically created sugar that doesn't get absorbed into the body. when it reaches the intestines it breaks down and becomes acids which pull in fluids to the intestines. these fluids help soften the stool in the colon.

does the packaging say that it has lactose in it? is this something your doctor recommended?

--------------------

Re: Question about Lactulose new
      #65321 - 04/27/04 02:47 PM
itsnotfair123

Reged: 04/23/04

Yes, the ingredients say "Lactose" but this is the doctor that doesn't care about my pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 476

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review