All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stopping attacks
      #64601 - 04/25/04 04:13 PM
surfergurl

Reged: 04/23/04

has anyone stopped attacks while their tummy felt funny by eating some soluble fiber like rice or a banana??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stopping attacks new
      #64607 - 04/25/04 04:45 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

it depends... if you're not already stuffed with food, it can't hurt to have a little plain rice or something else that's purely soluble fiber. i personally keep Equalactin around for just that reason! it does help.

another suggestion, try to relax. breath slowly and deeply. grab a heating pad or hot water bottle and put it on your tummy. lie down and keep trying to relax. i swear the deep breathing helps! sometimes when an attack is coming and it's evening, i just go to bed.... for whatever reason, i don't tend to have IBS attacks that wake me up, i usually can sleep through the worst of it...

make some fennel, peppermint, or chamomile tea. if you don't have any of these, do you have any fennel seeds in the spice rack??? in a pinch, you can use 2 Tbsp of that for tea (though it's not as great if it's fresh).

good luck. (and no more orange chicken! )

*j

--------------------

Re: Stopping attacks new
      #64631 - 04/25/04 07:00 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Teas work the best for me. There have been plenty of times at work I've whipped out the Tummy Mint (at home I use Heather's peppermint/fennel but these are easier for me at work) , and within 1/2 hour or so of drinking it, I feel pretty good. It's like magic!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 547

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review